What you know about the 2013+ Turbo Ford escapes?

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Wife just picked up a 2014 SE with the 1.6L.
Nice smooth ride.

Thinking of getting one myself but never owned a ford; always been an import guy because I liked the overall fit, finish and reliability.
How are these things? And how is the aftermarket support? Wouldn't mind making some parts if I could..

If they suck then I'll look for something else. Would love a truck but need around or as close to 30mpg on the highway with all my driving and trying to keep it under 15k.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I have a 2015 2.0 Ecoboost... The only problem with it so far is a squeaky irritating sound coming from the rear suspension. The dealership looked at it and found the shocks were bad, now they're just ordering the parts.

Not sure why Ford is having a backorder on Escape rear shocks unless it's a pretty common issue ?!?!? :dunno:

Not sure what you're looking for in aftermarket support, but theres some stuff performance wise like tunes and whatnot, and I believe theres a company making an intercooler, but no companies like AMS or anything like that.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Not an apples to apples comparison, but my wife hotrods her 2017 2.3L ecoboost explorer around town. All city driving. She easily gets 18mpg average and this is an AWD 4400lbs explorer. I can only assume the escape does better. Low 20's maybe.

Im sure our explorer could average 20's if the wife didnt drive it like a sports car. She seriously hotrods it around. That tq the ecoboost puts out is awesome. It has impressed me very much. I can only imagine what the big ecoboost feels like in these SUVs.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Love mine. I get around 20mpg with little to no HW miles.

I had the same squeaky rear problem and my dealer fixed it with a body mount.

I was recently rear ended in my Escape, actually getting it back today hopefully and if it was going to be totaled I would most definitely had bought another one. My wife has an Edge and we have thoughts about trading hers in for another Escape.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Can you check on the 15203 for me when you have a chance?

Go to planet magnaflow website. Find the system you want, and then click the make offer button. Then low ball it. THey will email you back the lowest price on it, and you can follow the link in the email to buy it for that on their site. Magnaflow wont let anyone post prices lower than MSRP. But that planet magnaflow site is awesome for getting deals on magnaflow. I bought three systems from them over the years for far cheaper than retail.

https://www.partshopper.com/item/magnaflow-15203-mf-series-stainless-cat-back-system-ford-escape/

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Can you check on the 15203 for me when you have a chance?

I just did it. Their counter offer to my offer was $580.15 for that system.

Capture_zpsrsyzbuma.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info