Who has driven/owns a HD ram with the 6.4 gasser?

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I'm getting discouraged in my hunting for a CCLB because I haven't found anything worth looking at for a few weeks. The other thread for finding pickups under $30k has peaked my interest. I'm very seriously considering driving to Idaho to trade off my f150 for a new ram 2500.

For those that have experience with the 6.4, what's it like? I've googled til my fingers have fallen off, and can't find a single torque curve from Chrysler. Does it have decent low-end torque, or does it like the high rpms like most gas motors? I pull about a 6k lb 8.5x20 enclosed trailer. Occasionally I also pull anywhere from 10k-14k skid loaders or 6k-10k in cattle.

Once I get a chance, I'll have to go drive one locally, but I don't have that much time for that right now.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
The 6.4 HD Hemi Thread - DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

buncha :nutz: in the thread. Dude saying 6.4 roasts the Ford 6.2, not sure about Raptor 6.2 though. If the 6.4 is as good as he believes, the Raptor will be gone when I find the right truck.

:obama:

[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] Apparently even RAMs have 3rd brake light issues. :rofl: FUCKING JUNK. ALL JUNK

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
The 6.4 HD Hemi Thread - DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

buncha :nutz: in the thread. Dude saying 6.4 roasts the Ford 6.2, not sure about Raptor 6.2 though. If the 6.4 is as good as he believes, the Raptor will be gone when I find the right truck.

:obama:

[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] Apparently even RAMs have 3rd brake light issues. :rofl: FUCKING JUNK. ALL JUNK

Holy piss...nutswingers is an understatement. My favorite was on page 4 where they were talking about how beautiful the engine bay is.....uh....it's a bunch of black plastic covers.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
it's not mine personally, it's for work.

has 3.73 gears iirc. that wasn't a big deal to me though because it won't see many trailers and will see a lot of highway

fQFp7WM.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info