Bed covers

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
I have a soft Truxedo Low Profile roll-up and love it. I don't like the fold ups because when it is up you can't see out of the back window. I've driven through the winter, spent many of nights in the UP with feet of snow on it, and never had an issue. I did have a warranty issue with my old one (my own fault to be honest) and Truxedo sent me the parts no questions asked.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I have the cheaper truxedo the truxsport rollup. Its very easy to use and keeps my bed dry except for machine car washes. I like that the rails sit on top of the bed sides rather than inside the bed only con is the vinyl flaps a little while driving but it's a silly annoyance

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
I've got a soft roll top on my current truck. I love the functionality of it. Forget what brand I have, but it hasn't heald up the best. I had a hard top rolling cover on my last truck. Heald up better, but was way more expensive and took up space at the front of the bed.

Really it's how you use your truck. If you put tall things into it a lot you're gonna want something that you can get out of the way easily. If not then get a hard cover. They offer the best security and hold up the best.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Just bought a TruckGear folding cover. Basically just a rebranded BakFlip with a supposed better warranty (lifetime) from Line-X. I'm a fan so far.

GpEHWdM.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
my last truck had one of these:

Tonno Pro ROLL-UP Tonneau Cover 2007-2013 Silverado/Sierra 6.6ft Bed # LR-1030 | eBay

Tonno-Pro Lo-Roll...

$280 shipped and comes with a bunch of extras...

and... 10 year warranty on vinyl and lifetime warranty on everything else.

i replaced it under warranty this summer because some of the stitching had frayed... they sent me an ENTIRE new tonneau, not just the vinyl, the entire thing, new rails, bolts, and all....

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
This thread appeals to my interest.

My old man has a roll n lock cover. It really is nice, but costs a butt load of money. If you want to spend the dough, then it is worth it. Although the gator one that [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] just bought has different features that are more useful IMO. It all depends on how you want to use it. The roll n lock has a smaller canister and is spring assisted which makes it easier for him since he is almost 70.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
My cover has no release cable. It has a key lock and a lever mechanism. Could you really F up my cover and get in still? Probably, but you'd have to try a bit harder than the folder cover equivalent.

yep completely keeping the honest folks honest, with the tailgate locked wouldn't take much if you knew about that cable to see what goodies are in the bed :hsughlol: :io:

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Jul 27, 2006
Truxedo Lo-Pro QT here as well. No issues after 18months of use. Rolls up great, still looks shiny & new. Lifetime Warranty.

Email Luke at [email protected] for a solid price. [MENTION=5363]Blinkstang[/MENTION] just ordered his Lo-Pro from him.

Just got a great deal on a BAK G2 cover from Luke. Wow I couldn't believe it. I'll post pics as soon as I get it on.

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info