Slight lift

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Interested in a lift kit for my truck. I've found tire and wheels which was the easy part but looking into a lift. Figuring 6" is what I'm going to go with but what brand do you guys like? I want something that will not have knocking or clunking noisy issues. Truck is used for towing also so it needs to be able to still tow without issues. 15' Silverado Crew Cab. Any help is appreciated.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Thanks for the quick responses! Truck is a 1500 and I thought by the trucks I've seen the 6" wasn't all that high after seeing some of these 8"+ trucks. My wife did have a point also that I may have problems with overhead clearance in some spots we go regularly. I'm interested in it looking more off-road. I have the 22" wheels and the tires are pretty low profile so I'd like more of a truck look than Suburban. [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] I like that kit you posted.

Are there any shops locally that do these where I can get an alignment also? I'm sure that the suspension will be way off after a lift. When I leveled my Titan I needed cam bolts to get it lined up properly.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
everything that I've gathered is that any sort of top mounted strut spacer is not good for geometry on these trucks, especially that 3.5" you posted. The upper ball joint and cv shaft angles are def going to yield premature wear. Also IMHO if you do tow regularly you'll want some rake or add helper bags I suppose to keep the ass from sagging under load

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
With your 22" rims I would level with shocks not a cheap spacer kit to keep a smoother ride. I started with the RC 3" level/lift kit. After I put 34" 10ply AT tires on the ride was noticeably rougher then stock. I kept the +1 RC block in the rear but removed the front spacers and replaced all my shocks. I have rancho quick lifts up front with bilsteins in the back. The ride is much better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info