1015ATV-TopperEZLift.jpg

A.R.E.%20TopperEZLift-%20Ford%202.jpg

1117dcf6342d37f21dd8b4bdca24fbac.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Well yeah, a fucking new one is $50,000. I halfway want out of my F350 for an older truck that's paid for, but, fuck me... Even the old shitty trucks are $7,500 now. No way I'm paying that much for something I owned three years ago for under $5,000.

TruckVault - TruckVault Secure Storage for Your Vehicle

it's crazy how custom they can get, how expensive they get, and that they can still support 2k lbs on top of them which would SURELY put you over the trucks weight capacity anyways.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I need some neat bed storage that fits inside the bed behind the wheel wells. That way I can still have tow straps and other gear with the quad in back. All the ones I've found require drilling into the bed and I'm not too keen on doing that. Using the stock bed extender holes would be best.

Or maybe I'll just find a Ford bed extender for sale. :dunno:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
what about one of the bed-floor options?

I was looking at some of those and they're definitely cool but my quad doesn't fit completely IN the bed and the rear wheels sit on the tailgate so this would just make the quad sit higher and at an angle.

I'm about to get some aluminum stock and just fab up my own plates for one of the boxes I've seen.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I was looking at some of those and they're definitely cool but my quad doesn't fit completely IN the bed and the rear wheels sit on the tailgate so this would just make the quad sit higher and at an angle.

I'm about to get some aluminum stock and just fab up my own plates for one of the boxes I've seen.

is your quad too long because of the tires or something else? is it close or a ways off?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I mean I could find some stainless steel/billet aluminum hardware and not have to worry about corrosion for a while and maybe even use silicon while installing to seal everything up nicely.

Found a pic. This is with a trailer tire in front of the left tire so it doesn't smash against the bed.

R66O0Ol.jpg

I mean... If I remove the tire in front, a floor chest would work pretty well. I'd just be leery of the tires wanting to fall off the back and causing extra tension on the cargo hooks.

And that fucker weighs 750lbs. :rofl:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
5'8" I believe. Typical short bed.

For carrying the quad, yeah the bed extender would be great. Hell, just thought about the ramps too, that would be perfect. Wouldn't have to worry about strapping them down, just throw in, close extended and off I go.

Basically I'm trying to still have lockable, out-of-the-way storage and so I can get rid of the toolbox. Maybe I'm asking too much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info