Diesel powered front and rear locker amazingness Colorado ZR2 concept

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
FUCKING WANT.

Chevrolet will unveil the Colorado ZR2 Concept† at the LA Auto Show November 21–30, 2014. Based off of the all-new 2015 Colorado, the ZR2 Concept fuses Colorado’s athletic styling and rock-solid frame with extreme off-road performance for a combination of fuel efficiency†, horsepower† and capability†.
“The design of the ZR2 concept is all about functionality,” said Tony Johnson, Colorado marketing manager. “From the bold stance to the trail-ready special equipment, the Colorado ZR2 is all about the fun of driving where the pavement ends.”
Features include a dramatic stance that’s about four inches wider, front and rear suspension lifted by two inches, King off-road racing shocks, electronic front and rear locking differentials, integrated skid plates and 35-inch-tall off-road tires† which make the ZR2 Concept perfect to handle nearly any type of terrain.
Inside the Cypress Green concept truck is a Jet Black leather-trimmed interior featuring orange stitching that complements the exterior’s orange accents. Additional electronic accessories have been added to the center stack to make this a truly exhilarating off-road experience. Including an AUX toggle and four additional toggles: two for winch-in and winch-out operations and two for electronic front and rear locking differentials.
The all-new durable 2.8L Duramax® Diesel engine (available in production models in 2016) powers this concept truck over the most extreme terrains with an estimated 181 horsepower at 3400 rpm and 369 lb.-ft. of torque at 1000 rpm.
“This new Duramax Diesel engine will take capability to an entirely new level for the midsize truck segment,” said Johnson. “Its broad torque band makes it very powerful at a low rpm, while the turbocharged performance provides a confident feeling of immediate and smooth power on demand.”

that diesel plus the six speed = :wackit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1hq1aILvbE

2015-Chevrolet-ColoradoZR2-Concept-146.jpg

Chevy reveals diesel-powered Colorado ZR2 Concept [w/video] - Autoblog

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
This is on my list of trucks to look at down the road. But it has to be under 35 well equipped. Any more and you are into used Raptor territory.

this is a bit different to me than a raptor simply from the powertrain.

I bet they will have similar tow ratings even- the raptor is limited by it's suspension- not it's powertrain in towing...

this will be limited by both- but I'd like to think they can get it to tow at least 6k+

but on top of that... im betting this truck will see 20+mpg city and high 20mpg hwy...

something a raptor would only see if you put a sail on top of it and found some 70mph winds and ran the engine at an idle for heat/music.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
this is a bit different to me than a raptor simply from the powertrain.

I bet they will have similar tow ratings even- the raptor is limited by it's suspension- not it's powertrain in towing...

this will be limited by both- but I'd like to think they can get it to tow at least 6k+

but on top of that... im betting this truck will see 20+mpg city and high 30mpg hwy...

something a raptor would only see if you put a sail on top of it and found some 70mph winds and ran the engine at an idle for heat/music.

I know it is apples and oranges, but my wife lusts for the Raptor, so if they are near the same price, the Raptor would get the nod in her world. Obviously mpgs are the big decider and I would rather have the ZR2 as it would be a much better fit for us.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info