Lukes 2014 v2.0

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
To clean up the old thread a bit and get TCG's ideas for Lukes 2014 at the FRONT of the conversation, I'm starting up a new thread.

We've heard the concerns our members have expressed regarding Lukes over the last couple years and we're going to do what we are able to so Luke's can be restored it to its former glory! But that will require the support of the community here @ TCG! Support how, you ask? Well, for starters, we need to ask folks who've written off Luke's to come out early this year and see our improvements to the lot and let us know how we're doing. If you like what you see, try to get back to regularly attendending on Thursdays!

The plan is to REALLY try to make Lukes successful this year - and successful according to you folks, the people who we WANT to fill the lot - not the riff raff that you all have complained about in the past. How will we do that? Let me try to explain a few things:

Lukes 2014

1. TCG staff will be working closely with Luke's owner to ensure the lot is managed to our expectation. If that means hiring security (not TCG members either) to handle the lot, that's what it'll be.

2. Luke's owner has already been in contact with CPD to get more police presence in the lot. This of course is a double edged sword... as people don't want no front plate, window tint, or other nuisance tickets handed out either. But what we WILL NOT tolerate is burnouts in the lot, parades through the lot, revving engines, bicycles, and constantly pounding stereos.

3. Signage. Yep, sounds kind of useless... but you'd be surprised. If people can see signs saying what they can't do, they're likely to listen. They're also less likely to BITCH about being told to stop if they fail to listen to the signs. The signs will discourage burnouts, revving engines, bicycles and loud stereos. As one of the few people who have enforced rules in the lot before, I'll be happy to have these signs around to back me up when asking people to follow lot rules. The signs will basically make rules known and make enforcement easier.

4. Lot sectioning. We're going to section off a large portion of the "upper lot" with cones where the parking lines were painted last year so cars can be properly parked. We will enforce rules in this "safe zone" more than in the areas outside of this zone. This will give safe haven for those worried about their rides. This space will also be were the most TCG folks will be located, so it'll be easier to find people to meet.

Having said all that, we need folks to come out and support this effort @ Luke's early in the season. Join the folks from TCG in the upper lot and bring back to Luke's what we once had... a place for TCG members to meet and show off their rides!

Luke's 2014 Launch Date: May 1st

Last edited:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I went to a cars and coffee out here a month or so ago and as you pull into the lot they had it lined in signs that really hammered home the point about being a good neighbor, being quiet, not showboating, etc. It all depends on how you phrase it too…

For instance, people in the Hollywood Hills completely ignore stop signs. Some people put up signs by the stop signs that say something like "you're breaking the law" or "you need to stop" which is almost a dare to continue to break the law. But one neighborhood put up signs that were funny… "We'll stop putting up these stupid signs when you start stopping", "Every time someone blows this sign God kills a kitten" and other wacky stuff like that and it works. People consistently stop at that sign.

So instead of 50 signs that say you can't do this or you can't do that maybe 50 signs that poke fun of people that do those sorts of things. "Unless you're in a Bugatti there's no reason your tires should break traction. Please no burnouts". Etc etc

Thread Info