• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

GTP- New PCM, remote start INOP

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Installed a ZZP PCM and now remote start will not work. The car will turn ignition on, but it will not crank and in the DIC it will display a message stating that the starting system is disabled due to theft. I did program the PCM via tech2... not sure if there is a key hidden somewhere in my dash or not that needs to be reprogrammed..

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
gm tech 2 scanner..
did you use one to program the replacement PCM for your car?

there is a securities menu that you can go into and see what is making the security system angry.

Yes I programmed with tech 2 since even the key wouldn't start it after replacement.

does it remote start with the key in it or near it? if it has a coffin and wires near the cylinder there is most likely a key buried in it.

I will try with key near the ignition

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info