• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

OEM Hids turn off after a minute.

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
what wattage are they?
35w I guess that's what I get for being a cheapass lol xD

3c834961ede62ceca8522c57abdf33b4.jpg

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
If the bulbs were bad enough they could've fried the ballasts by them overheating and shutting off. Just so you're ready for what might come.
Why do you have to scare me like that? Lol $300 for OEM ballast.

These newer car suck, with all their electronic crap.

I miss my s13, I could take it apart my self without having to worry about screwing something up that's going to cost my +500$.

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
Sky, the ballast just can't be the lighting module, at least that's what I think.
When you turn on your headlights switch, from the lights switch it send a command to another module (a module or a relay), then it will turn on your ballast.
Is this happening to both of your headlights or just on one side?
If it's just one side I will suspect of a bad ballast or whatever is behind it like a relay.

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
Sky, the ballast just can't be the lighting module, at least that's what I think.
When you turn on your headlights switch, from the lights switch it send a command to another module (a module or a relay), then it will turn on your ballast.
Is this happening to both of your headlights or just on one side?
If it's just one side I will suspect of a bad ballast or whatever is behind it like a relay.
This car is weird lol.

feae59e9f7a2c38d29e8046358572151.jpg

They have the ballast listed as the lighting control module.

And both headlights go off at the same time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info