• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Water on passenger side carpet

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Check if there are drains in the door or for the cowl panel.

I had this issue with my old Mustang and it was always water in the cowl vent.

Yesterday I had to drain the rear passenger door on my Chrysler 200. I was driving it and kept hearing water sloshing around. A helicopter seed was blocking the drain hole and the bottom of the door and allowed it to fill with at least a gallon of water, if not more.

Checked the sunroof drains. Im able to track where the water comes out(by the front tires). It's a grand am so its slightly like a w body. Although i have left my windows open before no they werent open this time lol. I havent really been able to duplicate it seeing as how its only during down pours. Im going to guess its the cowl vents. Or weather stripping?

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Get a hose and take any nozzel off so its just an open hose. Let it run over select areas of the car till you find your leak.

In our old cobalt, i had changed out the front door speakers, and on the passenger side, the water going through the door panel on a hard rain would come in through tbe speaker opening. The factory speaker had a shiels that deflected the water.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
How easy is it to take the plastic piece of the wiper cowl off? If it's like a W-body, there may be a piece of weatherstripping that is supposed to divert water away from the blower motor area. Maybe that piece of rubber came off, very common on W's. Not sure about a GA.

I have the same thing happening to my car. That weatherstripping is still attached, sunroof drain is clear and tested, only happens on downpours or long periods of steady rain. Annoying AF

How easy is it to take the plastic piece of the wiper cowl off? If it's like a W-body, there may be a piece of weatherstripping that is supposed to divert water away from the blower motor area. Maybe that piece of rubber came off, very common on W's. Not sure about a GA.

I have the same thing happening to my car. That weatherstripping is still attached, sunroof drain is clear and tested, only happens on downpours or long periods of steady rain. Annoying AF

i think you and i tried this and you have to take like the whole wiper assembly off to get it off. which is a yea f that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info