• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2005 audi a4 3.0

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Does anybody know anything about these cars? Last night I got a call from my wife's friend saying her car wouldn't start. I decided to be nice and head over there.

I get there and find out her father was installing a new wiper arm and accidentally touched the arm to the positive terminal of the battery and created a short.

So I continue to dive in and find the fuel pump fuse is dead. Replace that and still nothing. So I then go to the fuel rail and check for fuel, and nothing no fuel no pressure not even a dribble. So I go back to pump and test the voltage there and it's around 3 volts.

My next logical step is the relay but I wanted to get other peoples opinions.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Audi's and German cars in general are electrical nightmares. I would start with the simple cheap things like you are already doing. 3v is obviously low for a pump. Hopefully it is something very simple, however a small mistake can cost you a computer if the fuses or that circuit couldn't protect it fast enough.

And that is not cheap..... Does the vehicle have spark? I know u already said no fuel pressure but when it cranks are the plugs at least sparking?

Last edited:

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I didn't check for spark, I was assuming no fuel illustrates the problem....

It's possible especially if it turns out to be a shorted computer or something that both could be inop. I would of course attack the problem you know is bad first. Not sure if a wiper motor and fuel pump would be connected circuit wise..... Stranger things have happened though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list