• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

MSD Ignition Being A Bitch

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
So to make a long story short car sat for about a year being worked on without being ran. Get it all back together go to start it nothing. Try a little starting fluid nothing. Test for spark at the plugs nothing. So figuring the wires, plugs, distributor are new must be the coil or the ignition box which were both in there when I bought it as a roller.

First step buy a new MSD Blaster 2 coil. Put it in. No cigar. Order a new MSD ignition box which was a different part number which was supposedly an upgraded version of the one in the car. First off the dirty whore doesn't use pills so can't plug the MFing 3step into it. Figure oh well and wire it up. Try to fire it still nothing. IDK if I'm using the box wrong or what. It has some light that's supposed to flash when it gets signal from the distributor or something but it only flashes a few times when I flip the power switch before hitting the start button then nothing when the engine is cranking.

Soooooo any thoughts? I'm kind of thinking fuck that new box and to take my old box to someone who repairs electronics having them open it up and replace whatever went bad in it.

All the ignition system is MSD. Wires are Ford Racing. Plugs are Autolites.

P.S. I suck bad with wiring so if I missed something obvious that's why

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• ajdereicup
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list