• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Calling sponsors and skilled hobbiests: Cage content inside.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Looking for some input here guys, putting together my budget for the chassis side of the Supra project. Here's what I'm looking for, a rough idea on material and labor costs for a full 135mph legal cage. And for that matter, if there would be any interest in handling this within the next year-year and half. Here is the caveats:

-I'd like to have the option to retain full/semi-full interior in the front of the cabin.
-I'd like to be able to utilize the hatch to store the Targa in it's stock position when cruising, so x-bracing b/w the rear strut towers would be preferable over horizontal braces.
-Weld in, because I'm not a ******.

By in large, dimensionally, it isn't too far off from an f-body.

If you're here to say "just go to a track with shit tech", GTFO. I prefer GLD and Byron, but I'd like the ability to run at 66. Additionally, the Targa MKIII's flex like a motherfucker with an inline six. You can imagine why I'd like to add structural integrity before dropping a boosted 346 into the fucker.

And no, I have no interest in a ShowCage.

car20.JPG

*I'm not looking for exact quotes, I reiterate, not looking for an exact quote. Don't get your panties in a bunch.*

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info