Thanks @FlyingGuy

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
[MENTION=11939]FlyingGuy[/MENTION]

Thank You Tony and Omega Motorsports for bringing another 1/2 mile event to IL. It is a shame Saturday was a washout but weather is always a contender and a risk. I feel Sunday went out without a hitch and everyone enjoyed themselves. Racers got as many runs as they wanted with minimal time in between. When I raced years ago at the WannaGoFast event it was HOURS between runs for me. At your event it seemed like under 10 min for the most part all day. Good job for getting so many cars down the runway!

My only suggestion for next time is more updates on social media. I know this weekend was very busy for you but maybe have one of your guys post updates? With the rain on Saturday a lot of people including myself were wondering what was going on. Were people racing? Was the runway dry? Was Saturday completely canceled? It wouldn't take much to post updates on the current status of the event in real time.

Thanks

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I agree with the media suggestion, also I believe if possible a late July/early August event may help with the weather issue. Spring and fall run a greater risk for rain. I know it will be hot but I'll take heat any day over not running.

However it is an airport and those months may not be available

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I agree with the media suggestion, also I believe if possible a late July/early August event may help with the weather issue. Spring and fall run a greater risk for rain. I know it will be hot but I'll take heat any day over not running.

it's not fun when it's hot.

the fall is usually clear enough.

that one wanna go fast event when it hit like 85* by noon, was brutal. and you saw everyone's speeds reflect that.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I agree it may not be the best for speeds. Hell my 1 run on Saturday in the mist and wet track was already faster than my pass last season in the warm and dry. I could even hear it in the engine from the video it sounded healthy. I shut down at 120 mph about 1/4 mile from the end due to safety and we had no roll out area, we started at the cones. Wish I could have did an all out nitrous pass I think I would have been very happy

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

However it is an airport and those months may not be available

The summer months actually have more precipitation.

Averages and Records for Champaign-Urbana Illinois

Climate Champaign - Illinois and Weather averages Champaign

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
august sept oct to me feels pretty dry maybe, but still total crap shoot..

Crapshoot.jpg

SNAKE EYES

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
it's not fun when it's hot.

the fall is usually clear enough.

that one wanna go fast event when it hit like 85* by noon, was brutal. and you saw everyone's speeds reflect that.

Word I felt like I was going to pass out during the not air-conditioned lunch in that hanger, got sun burnt sweat my dick off, ended up leaving shortly after lunch

Thread Info