GTR Vs No Fly Zone

Poling2127

Sep 23, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm Brenden. I had the Silver GTR at the No Fly Zone Midwest. Just wanted to say I had a blast and met a lot of great people and raced some really fast cars. Thanks to Tony and the Omega Motorsports crew. Definitely plan on attending in the future. Attached is some footage I put together from the two days. Unfortunately, my camera died part way through day 2 so I'm missing some races. I plan on getting a few more cameras for next time. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDk4y0hSgNA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDk4y0hSgNA

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Thanks guys. Yes, mine had the carbon vinyl on the rear bumper and black advan wheels.

Car is almost full bolt on. Still stock motor, transmission and intercooler. Running a flex fuel setup and e85

Curious but how do the GTR clutches hold up? I know the lambos have a percent life and they don't very long. 10-20k depending on drive style. I have always been curious about the GTRs maintenance and lifespan.

Poling2127

Sep 23, 2015
Curious but how do the GTR clutches hold up? I know the lambos have a percent life and they don't very long. 10-20k depending on drive style. I have always been curious about the GTRs maintenance and lifespan.

Clutch life is pretty good. Servicing is usually diff and trans fluid replaced at 18k miles. You can also adjust clutch capacities and touch points on Cobb. You need to watch when you're getting around 630+ wtq. Easy to break a gear or clutch basket.

MikeMAN987

Sep 16, 2015
Clutch life is pretty good. Servicing is usually diff and trans fluid replaced at 18k miles. You can also adjust clutch capacities and touch points on Cobb. You need to watch when you're getting around 630+ wtq. Easy to break a gear or clutch basket.

Agreed. At that level its also your stock rods you have to worry about....you can make a little over 700whp on stock motor,as long as you keep torque in check!

Poling2127

Sep 23, 2015
Couple pics of the car and a mod list.

offset%20kings%20gtr_zps7xgsqaf2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

offset%20kings%20gtr%203_zpsh26cmlnk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mod List:
AMS Downpipes
HKS Exhaust
Gotboost Midpipe
Dual Fuel pumps
1650cc injectors (yes, they're huge)
GFB BOVs
Ported turbo inlet
Ported IM and TB
Cobb Tune
Flex Fuel
Speed Density
Swift Springs
Gotboost intake
20" Advan GT Premium wheels
R888 tires - 285 front, 315 rear

Poling2127

Sep 23, 2015
What kind of power did that get you if you don't mind me asking? Car looks sick with that rear bumper

Thanks. I estimate around 630whp. We dynoed it when I switched over to a Cobb tune setup but we were working to get the car tuned period. Not necessarily dialed in since it was the day before we were leaving for the Buschur shootout. When we dynoed it, it was on an e85/93 mixture around
e50. Put down 539whp on a mustang dyno so dynojet and higher ethanol content I'd guess around 630. I may do an intercooler soon so I'll get it re-dynoed then.

Thread Info