Who from TCG is running the Half Mile this fall?

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Any reason why? Just no reason to run again or was it like unsafe or what?

Well it's a few factors. If it recorded times like a drag strip along with mph that would be awesome. Wonder what a back half would look like from 1/4 to 1/2. My buddies evo ended up in a field. My brakes aren't exactly great and had to stand on them just to stop at Bult Field. And at the end of the day I'm not into top speed type shenanigans. I rather fly out the hole and get a great et than have an impressive mph. Maybe my mind will change if the feedback I get from people is that this strip is better. I will say now that I'm talking through it I'll look into this event a little more although family things have been setting a precedent for my time and ambition lately

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Well it's a few factors. If it recorded times like a drag strip along with mph that would be awesome. Wonder what a back half would look like from 1/4 to 1/2. My buddies evo ended up in a field. My brakes aren't exactly great and had to stand on them just to stop at Bult Field. And at the end of the day I'm not into top speed type shenanigans. I rather fly out the hole and get a great et than have an impressive mph. Maybe my mind will change if the feedback I get from people is that this strip is better. I will say now that I'm talking through it I'll look into this event a little more although family things have been setting a precedent for my time and ambition lately

Understandable. I think this runway is longer? Someone correct me if I am wrong. Now granted you were and will be going a ton faster than me so you stopping from 170+ vs me trying to stop from 135-150 is a lot different. I would hope I wouldnt have to stand on my brakes to stop in time.

Edit: It looks like Bult field was 5000Ft and some change of runway and according to the Omega website the runway we will have is over 6000Ft.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
i was running 108-110 and had a blast.

water pump didnt like it too much after that, gave up the ghost not too long after.

if you can do it, do it. if you are taking the TA, unless you break you will not be the slowest car there.

nothing has changed on my car, i will not be running this year.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
i was running 108-110 and had a blast.

water pump didnt like it too much after that, gave up the ghost not too long after.

if you can do it, do it. if you are taking the TA, unless you break you will not be the slowest car there.

nothing has changed on my car, i will not be running this year.

Yep taking the TA. Its a quick car for what it is but its more set up for the quarter. Ive honestly never had it much past 120 with the new setup so I dunno how hard it will pull in the upper ranges. I guess I will find out. I just gotta swap out the skinnies for regular tires in the front

FlyingGuy

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2015
wannagofast's timing system i feel was better the first year than the second... first year had a bunch more info, second year was like hey you went this fast.... (and so did another 9 cars to the exact one thousandth too...)

You mean 9 other cars went the exact same speed?

Regardless, our equipment captures only the trap speed. You can capture another data point with every extra, full set of equipment. At some point, we may.

As a reference, here is what one of our slips looks like. As mentioned above, basic and to the point. Hope you dont mind

11049386_1615055365397811_1977193778_n.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You mean 9 other cars went the exact same speed?

Regardless, our equipment captures only the trap speed. You can capture another data point with every extra, full set of equipment. At some point, we may.

As a reference, here is what one of our slips looks like. As mentioned above, basic and to the point. Hope you dont mind

11049386_1615055365397811_1977193778_n.jpg

yes same speed to like the one hundredth for a bunch of cars, i had a thread on here, but lost it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I could set it up so that everyones slips print in binary ;)

Event time is almost here. Can't wait!

forgive me if you felt like i was crapping on your event at all whatsoever, i'm really sorry cuz that wasn't the intention.

i was moreover just talking about the last halfmile stuff.

i have no doubt you guys will have it together really well.

FlyingGuy

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2015
forgive me if you felt like i was crapping on your event at all whatsoever, i'm really sorry cuz that wasn't the intention.

i was moreover just talking about the last halfmile stuff.

i have no doubt you guys will have it together really well.

Oh no, brother. Not even close. I was just making some joke commentary, unrelated to anything you had previously said. All is good! Seems like everyone here is fairly low key, so I was just "cracking wise".:jg:

Thread Info