Jason's (Jbruno88) 2008 C6

Greg@STG

Forum Sponsor
Nov 17, 2015
St Louis, MO
Real Name
Read
Jason's 2008 Corvette C6

Jason brought his car to me recommended by Shane Hinds, with headers and a stall already done, but was looking for a bit more power and a gear change.

Disassembly started on the car. Pulling the front bumper isnt necessarily needed, but I like to pull the bumper off, as well as the radiator cradle out to allow for more working room and not risking scratching anything with parts or tools.

The same with any/every cam swap or work done...if I touch it, it gets torqued, checked, marked.
New cam installed

New timing components, ARP hardware, and LS7 chain damper

Oil pump put back together and reinstalled.

Shortblock all buttoned back up. Factory pulley with an ARP crank bolt.

This part was a secret for a while until people found out and started talking...but while the car was down, I yanked the heads and had them ported at Frankenstein Racing Heads. Probably the most gorgeous portwork I have every seen...

Prepping the block for the arrival of the heads. Also, new Morel lifters and trays installed here.
I clean and sand the block to get as about as perfect of a surface as possible without pulling the block and having it machined.

The car also got a Z06 diff with 3.42 gears and a trans/diff brace to help keep things together.

After a tune by Shane Hinds it was off to chicago to see what kind of results it produced!

I have the car back at the shop now under going a few more mods. Will be simple interior stuff just for now...but if you're following his build thread, theres a big hint at whats going on next.

Thread Info