My low carb diary

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Branched off from the low carb thread I bumped. Really liked the idea of sharing what I'm eating and what I'm losing to help motivate myself and others.

Please don't shit in this thread, I know I bumped the other and then decided I'd rather have a fresh thread for this instead of a general low carb OT thread. I also really liked how a member had shared his experience with some form of work out pill/shake a while back, so I'll be updating this as I go.

I take one 'energy' type multi-vitamin every morning (has caffeine and guarana or whatever it's called), I also drink 5-8 cups of water a day between Tea, Mixers, and just water.

I also typically walk a mile or two a day (walking to, and sometimes from the train station). I work out once, maybe twice a week for an hour on my upper body/core/back at my town houses community gym.

Tuesday 1/3:
Breakfast: Atkins shake
Lunch: Chicken salad low carb wraps
Snack: Atkins snack bar
Dinner: Some Salami Roll-ups with Creamcheese and Roasted onions
Dessert: Half cup of sugar free moose tracks icecream

Comments: held out fine all day until around 9pm since my dinner was lazy and small, had some sugar free icecream to tame my sweet tooth and tide me over.

Weds 1/4:
234.6 (I ate a TON Monday.)
Breakfast: Atkins shake for breakfast
Lunch: Chicken Salad Low carb wrap for lunch
Snack: Atkins snack bar
Dinner: Surf and Turf for dinner (Steak/Shrimp)
Dessert: 2 small pieces of sugar free candy

Comments: missed my train in the morning, really hard start to the day. By 10 I was feeling back at full energy, no hunger issues.

Thurs 1/5:
Breakfast: Flavored metabolism water, Atkins shake, 2 hard boiled eggs (No yolk, lightly salted)
Lunch: Turkey/salami cold cut wrap (cream cheese/one large low carb wrap/some salad mix), and 3 small pieces of sugar free candy.
Snack: Atkins chocolate/peanut bar at work, and a single deviled egg half while cooking dinner.
Dinner: Bread-less chicken Parmesan with Zucchini
Dessert: Sugar free ring pop

Comments: Got fairly hungry rather suddenly just before lunch, just dealt with it. Lunch was extremely satisfying/filling today, as was dinner.

Fri 1/6:
Breakfast: Flavored metabolism water and 5 deviled eggs (halfs) for breakfast.
Lunch: Italian salad mix (no iceberg), with Zesty "free" italian dressing and steak and 2 small pieces of sugar free candy for lunch.
Snack: Atkins snack bar and another piece of sugar free candy
Dinner: 2 or 3 stalks of Celery with Ranch for dipping and about a pound and a half of bone-in wings deep fried at home in veggie oil (no breading, and Buffalo sauce = 0 carb wings even being deep fried).
Desser: Some sugar free Choclate wafer cookies and 2 more pieces of sugar free candy

Comments: first 5 minutes still a bitch, jogged to the train before eatin my eggs but after my vitamins, felt Ill until I ate my eggs on the train. Gotta be sure to eat with my vitamin to avoid this again. Drank strictly water this morning, and started to get lethargic by lunch finally drank a cup of tea after lunch. Dinner was AMAZING, deep frying the wings was fast and easy (Albeit messy), and 0 carbs!

Sat 1/7:
Lunch: Home made Mongolian beef and a bag of "Asian vegetable medley" for lunch, missed breakfast due to sleeping in.
Dinner: Fajitas and Quesadilla (Cheese and beef Quesadilla, Chicken and Pepper Fajitas, all using the small low carb Tortillas).

Comments: Woke up late, missed breakfast completely. Was a bit hungry going to sleep, didn't make a whole lot of Fajitas as I ran out of small low carb tortillas for them.

Sun 1/8:
Late Breakfast: Breakfast burrito with a low carb wrap.
Dinner: Burgers with no buns for dinner (onions, peppers, bacon, avocado, and an egg). Sugar free Popsicle.

Comments: woke up fairly late, didn't eat breakfast till nearly noon. Both 'Breakfast' and Dinner where fairly sizeable and very filling but with minimal carbs.

Mon 1/9:
Breakfast: Atkins shake and flavored metabolism water.
Lunch: Salmon burger and a salad at Pazzos in downtown with my co workers, no bun.
Dinner: Big luxurious salad for dinner (peppers, cucumber, tomato, chicken, and a nice salad mix.
Dessert: Sugarfree Popsicle.

Comments: Was hungry as typical before lunch, not to terribly though. Was good till dinner, and dinner was very filling despite being salad with all of the veggies in it.

Tue 1/10:
Breakfast: Metabolism water and a russlestover sugar free snack bar.
Lunch: Turkey cold cut wrap with cheese, salad mix, and Tomatos. 2 peanut butter protein balls (Splenda, chickate protein powder, sugar free peanut butter, and a spec of Vanilla extract).
Had a Fuze to drink with it (super low cab juice basically)

c74c8b21.jpg

Dinner: Had a pair of low carb small soft shell breakfast burritos (3 eggs, breakfast sausage, cheese, spec of milk mixed into the scrambled eggs with Green Salsa ontop
Ended up only eating 2 of the three I made.
Dessert: 3 small pieces of sugar free candy.

f35e53d1.jpg

Comments: Already hungry by 10 but haven't had any tea and the Russlestover snack bar is smaller than my Atkins ones. Walked to and from the train for work today (about 2 miles), and ran another about 9PM @ 6.3 mph the whole way (which is fast for my fat ass, sub 10min).

Weds 1/11:

Breakfast: Rustle stover bar and metabolism water.
Lunch: Chicken Salad wrap and 2 pieces of candy
Snack: Atkins bar

563f2c87.jpg

Dinner: Flounder cooked in butter with lemon juice and seasonings for garnish, Asian medly frozen veggies.
Dessert: 1 carb black cherry and chocolate ice cream bar
Snack: 1 peanut butter protein ball.

Comments: Very hungry about 2 hours after dinner, protein ball took care of that.

Thurs 1/12:
Breakfast: Atkins shake, metabolism water, rustle stover bar.
Lunch turkey/salami wrap with tomatoes and lettuce
Snack: 2 pieces of sugar free candy
Dinner: Buffalo bread less wings with celery and ranch
Dessert: 2 pieces of sugar free candy

Fri 1/13:
Breakfast: Atkins shake and water.
Lunch: salad with chicken, peppers, cheese, avocado, etc. Italian free dressing

54fa8e51.jpg

Dinner: Chinese Buffet (splurge), avoided known high carb items, mostly ate stirfry

Sat 1/14:
Breakfast (11am): Eggs in a Benedict basket. (low carb bread eggs in a basket with Canadian bacon and holendase sauce)
Dinner: Tacos and quesadillas on low carb tortillas.
Dessert: dark mint chocolate rustle stover candy bar (full size split with GF).

Sun 1/15:
Breakfast (11am again): I had 3 fried eggs with assorted meat (Canadian Bacon, Bacon, Sausage, was with my GF, so the picture wasn't all for me).

b109a368.jpg

Snack (3pm or so): Atkins bar and shake.

Dinner (7pm): Steak (Marinaded overnight in creole rub and a BBQ sauce that wasn't carb heavy), Mixed veggies, and Roasted Squash

17e321a9.jpg

Dessert: No Sugar Added Moose tracks.

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
down 11 pounds in 2 weeks ? thats pretty damn good. how much water do you consume on a daily basis ?

I drink what you are 'supposed to' a day, but it's still a lot more than I'm used to :bowrofl:

1 or 2 cups with or as breakfast (Either mixers or just straight)
2-3 before lunch (Usually a cup of tea once I get to work, and then another cup or two of just water)
1 with lunch (Either via a Diet soda, or just a cup of ice water)
1-2 after lunch (usually only have one cup of water between lunch and going home, sometimes I'll have a tea to give me a bit of energy for the evening).
2-3 after I get home and with dinner.

*I drink Ice Water whenever possible, it's been shown to kick up your metabolism a spec because your body has to warm up the contents of your stomach essentially burning calories as well*

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I drink what you are 'supposed to' a day, but it's still a lot more than I'm used to :bowrofl:

1 or 2 cups with or as breakfast (Either mixers or just straight)
2-3 before lunch (Usually a cup of tea once I get to work, and then another cup or two of just water)
1 with lunch (Either via a Diet soda, or just a cup of ice water)
1-2 after lunch (usually only have one cup of water between lunch and going home, sometimes I'll have a tea to give me a bit of energy for the evening).
2-3 after I get home and with dinner.

*I drink Ice Water whenever possible, it's been shown to kick up your metabolism a spec because your body has to warm up the contents of your stomach essentially burning calories as well*

correct, i chug 20 oz of ice water every morning. over the course of a month it should burn enough calories to = 1lb.

every little bit helps.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
a calorie is the amount of heat required to raise the temp of 1 g of water by 1 degree celsius at atmospheric pressure...calorie not Calorie.
what we consider FOOD CALORIES is big C...or 1000 little c's ^^
body temp is roughly...37.5 celsius
figure 997 grams grams of water in 1 liter
so for 1 liter of water...37,000 calories or 37 Calories (common use)
2 liters of water a day = 74 Calories a day
but thats 27,000 Calories a year.

fyi. ice water.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
is your appetite better now that you are a couple weeks into the diet ?

i bet you are not even craving junk food.

once you see results, you want to keep it going and dont want to risk "cheating"

good job bro

My appetite is pretty much completely curbed in the evenings. The night I had Soup, and then Chicken/Zuccini, I would have been happy with just the soup, but my GF's grandmother made it so I had to eat both (She made the effort to make a low-carb meal for us, so I felt it would be insulting to be honest and say I was full).

And then last night I had an atkins "Meal Bar" at about 6:30pm as a snack, got home about 9pm and my GF had made dinner... Wasn't hungry, but again, ate it anyways because she had made it.

Tonight I'm making Steak and Veggies for dinner, and having a single low-carb burrito for lunch, the times that I still have hunger issues are in the mornings.

I'll have a shake (2 net carbs), and then a water mixer (0-1), and then will be hungry around 10-11. I don't want to eat a snack bar (2-4), because lunch is often 7-10 grams. Dinner will be about the same. So if I have the snack bar, I'm looking at breaking the 25 mark, which I really don't want to do to ensure I stay in full-swing ketosis. I'm going to pickup some of those Ketostix that Eagle bought to check myself as well, my weight 'stalled out' a bit this week, so I'm thinking there has been more carbs in a few of the foods I've been eating that I thought. Granted 5.52lbs a week isn't a bad average, don't want to loose pace.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Sunday 1/22:
Breakfast (11am): Canadian Bacon, Regular Bacon, 3 eggs cooked in bacon grease with some hotsauce.
Lunch (3pm): Small bowl of low-carb chili
Dinner (7:30pm): Epic Salad (Freshly cooked bacon bits and chicken in spring salad mix with fresh green/red peppers, a spec of Guacamole, cherry tomatoes, and a sprinkling of cheese and ranch.
b657c666.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info