MTB Madness!

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Nice. I'm really like my Elixir R's thus far. I need to weigh my junk now.

Jesus, those XX brakes are sick. Magnesium calipers, carbon levers, 100 grams less per brake than my elixir's...

I'd like to get new cranks and go with a 2x9 setup, X7 or X9 shifters, and X9 rear derailleur if i have to change that. Shopping for MTB cranks seems kind of complicated. I miss BMX where you either rode Primo's or Profile's and both were good.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Some sort of Altus junk in the front which does it's job, and a SRAM X5 in the rear. I have SRAM X4 shifters, and would like to go with a SRAM shifter set because then i can get one of those fancy match maker mounts. I'm kind of leaning towards the X7's, as they match my brakes.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Altus 34.9 clamp, top pull
and I have an X5 mid cage rear

I don't know about 10 speed setups. I have heard mixed reviews on them. I'd have to do the math, but it looks like my rear derailleur is compatible with 9 speed setups. I don't have any problems with my front derailleur and don't see how it couldn't work with 2 rings in the front, when it works with 3 now.

My friend from sram hooked it up for sure. These brakes weigh nothing. I'll be transferring all my heavy dh stuff back to my old jumping frame. I need to get some new lighter wheels for the xc/all mountain bike. It weighs 29lbs right now with the old stuff.

What cranks do you have now? I dont know why each company makes so damn many options for cranks. Generally shit just gets lighter the pricier it gets.

dang that is light, my bike weighed like 33 to start but i have been tryn to shead a pound or so. I just got my front wheel strung up with a hope pro 2 and some dt swiss comp spokes, and i will be getting a ibeam setup going here pretty soon hopefully i can get down to low 32 high 31's. I have some other parts that probably helped loose weight over stock but not by much oh and we should have a nothing but bicycles section!

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
danscomp.com is really the simplest for BMX stuff. There was all sorts of drama about them printing fake Tshirts a few years ago when a small company couldn't fill an order, but besides that they are pretty good.

33 pounds? Jesus. I need to get mine on a real scale, but with my plastic platforms it came in around 27.X, and 28.X with my SPD pedals.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Where's the cheapest place to pick up tires and tubes??? I need to start riding my bmx bike again and get back into shape haha.

Fatass!!! hahaha

Dude what city do you live in?? Text me later and I'll tell you where to go and get cheap tubes. I get mine at national I race. Usually a box of them all selling for like a buck a piece.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Look like it.
d1213bd51006201cc0bffd5af23b9ba5.jpg

I went even smoother. Haven't had them off road yet.
smallblock8.jpg

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Kenda Small Block 8. I had one on the rear and a Kenda Nevegal in the front

Kenda-Nevegal-Tire2.jpg

But since a paved/limestone trail runs through my back yard i am running them front and back for now, and will switch the knobbier tire on the front for trail duty. You know anyone that is doing this WORS? I have a buddy who wants to ride the "first timer" class May 1st. Was considering checking it out as the course sounds really fun, but my girlfriends mother's birthday is the day before, and i think i am expected to attend.

Thread Info