šŸ’ NHL Hawks Thread | Hockey Talk

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I know there are several hawk fans in here.........can we get a thread going of how this team is on fire ?

I do not want to jinx anything, and I am not counting any chickens BUT
they are the best team in town and are the most promising.

so here's to the front office who recognized that the problems started at the top and fixed that, got the team back on TV and has drafted young talent and brought them up through the system !!!!

Seems as though we have the sharks' # so far, so we welcome them in tomorrow night !

GO HAWKS

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Facts as of 12-21:

- Hawks are #1 in their respective divison and #1 in the Western Conference.

- Hawks are ranked #4 in points in the entire NHL, #2 in point percentage.

- Hawks also have the #1 PK in the Western Conference, #2 in the entire league.

Point being this team is on fire. Our goaltending is rock solid, our defense is lights out, and our offense is back to putting the puck in the net. Our depth is really good and team confidence is high. Things are only going to get better.

Detroit's days of being the kings of both the Central Division and Western Conference are gone. They will still be a good team, but not better than us.

GO HAWKS!

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
What a nailbiter :noes: Too bad we lost, Nabakov was standing on his frickin' head!!!! We outshot the Sharks 47-14..............UNFRICKINBELIEVABLE!!!

Well we played hard until the end and our team showed a lot of heart. If we play like that tomorrow against Osgood the score is going to be 14-0!!!

GO HAWKS!!

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
lots of shots from far out and lazy passing.....versteeg................

they seemed crisp at times and flat at others.... it's hard to watch your team lose when they have been playing so well. fact of the matter is that they wont win them all,
lets just hope they win em when they are imprtant april through may !!!

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
i only saw the hightlights of this one, was at work. either way, 47 shots is 47 shots. any goalie that stops 45 of them is the reason their team won, plain and simple. means nothing overall really. they already beat them 2 times this year. back to winning tonight against Failwings

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
lots of shots from far out and lazy passing.....versteeg................

they seemed crisp at times and flat at others.... it's hard to watch your team lose when they have been playing so well. fact of the matter is that they wont win them all,
lets just hope they win em when they are imprtant april through may !!!

I thought the Hawks had some nice passing, the power play looked really strong. The Sharks were collapsing in the slot only giving them the outside. Nabakov was just playing out of his mind.

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
so here's to the front office who recognized that the problems started at the top and fixed that, got the team back on TV and has drafted young talent and brought them up through the system !!!!

Absolutely. They've found a great formula ... and sure hope they keep with it. I've been watching the Hawks on TV every chance I get.

They way they've been handling Detroit this year, that "Winter Classic" at Wrigley Field should've been THIS season.....

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
CDshowcase.HOLIDAY | Thursday.December 24 | noon-3p.CENTRAL = www.WRMN1410.com
"I don't know if there'll be snow" ... Burl Ives ... 'Have A Holly Jolly Christmas'

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
although a win over detroit is exactly that, they are depleted.......so hopefully the hawks build up enough steam to plow them when it all matters.

although back to back 3-0 shutouts are nothing to sneeze at. and might i say, niemi is showing us all why he could be the starting goalie in the playoffs.

did you see the 5 hole glove grab ? talk about concentration !

Thread Info