Bicycle Guys Enter -

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Hi TCG,

Have a tech question for you. [MENTION=2449]ilikemtb999[/MENTION], if you're around.

So, I am selling my Framed Minnesota 3.0 XWT Fat bike. Have a buyer, but, here's the catch.. He is 350LBS.

I asked the manufacturer about the weight capacity and they've stated 250LBS and anything past that would be the exceeding the intended use.

The buyer, knows full well of the capacity, and wants the bike anyway.

So, he agreed to give me half of my asking price in cash to hold, and the other half after he tests drives it to see how it feels.

My question is, do you think on a short test drive, the bike/tires will hold? Or, am I royally screwed? His text clearly states if something happens to the bike while he rides it, he will buy it from me for my asking price. Should I tighten every bolt up really well, and inflate the tires to max PSI or below (12-18 PSI)?

Meeting him tonight and have been stressing over it.

Thank you
-Chris

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Full cash asking price in your hand before he rides it. He fucks it up, well, it's his problem now.

This, let him do his own homework on what he's buying.

I mean, I get what you're saying.

He knows full well what the capacity is, and is still willing to buy it knowing that.

I'm just worried, if he doesn't agree to giving me the cash, he walks. However, he is driving from Gary, IN so it is a bit of a drive.

Seems like a nice guy, but, I just don't want to be out a $1,000+ Bike.

I am just hoping the bike holds up and nothing happens, he likes it and takes it home.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I don't see the problem with telling him before he leaves "you know the weight capacity of this bike. If you want to test ride it, I want full cash asking in my hand before you swing a leg over." He says no, then say thanks but no thanks.

Or you let him fuck your bike up and he deuces with half the offer in your hand and now you've got a fucked up bike.

:dunno:

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
LOL - You guys are brutal, haha.

We are not meeting at my house. He asked, but, I said somewhere else. I'm also armed, and my wife, whom is also armed, will be with me.

I'll do my best to get a pic, but, I don't want to make it obvious, haha.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Use a dash cam and park in an open lot where you can see everything.

Post up fat guy riding bike afterwards. We laugh, everybody wins.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info