• Trade down! Trade down!

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Who do you guys want the Bears to draft in round 1? WR? ILB? DE? G? OG? OT?

I like the idea of taking Alabama's WR Calvin Ridley, the first receiver who will be taken most likely in the top 10 picks. He's a quick and fast deep threat.

Other guys of note are ILB Roquan Smith who could be the next Butkus/Singletary/Urlacher, DE Bradley Chubb who probably won't be there, OG Quentin Nelson who is far and away the best O lineman available and Minkah Fitzpatrick S who is a great S prospect and would pair up nicely with Eddie Jackson.

With 3 or 4 QBs possibly taken in the top 10, some of these guys should be there at 8 for the Bears.

I'm sure there will be several other guys who will emerge so this is only an early diversion to kill time until Free Agency/Draft.

I put Ridley up there because of the need/likelihood of him being the pick but I might take a couple of these guys ahead of him if they are there.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If they dont plan on taking Ridley, granted he is still there which he should be.
Then I vote they trade down and get a few more picks.
Lets say Ridley is the real deal and Kevin White stays healthy and lives up to the expectations. Merideth then becomes your 3rd WR, that would be an awesome receiving core for Mitch.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I vote trade down, unless there is some absolutely elite talent available to them at #8 that would be hard to pass up.

There isn't an area on the team that the Bears could not use help on. WR, DB/CB/S, OT, OLB, ILB are probably the biggest needs, in what I think their primary order should be. I don't think that Ridley has enough value at #8 and I think we could trade down, and he'd still be available.

Quenton Nelson, even as a guard, could be an upgrade at the interior of the offensive line and he's one of the best inside lineman to come out in the last few years. Both Sitton and Long have been injury prone, and Sitton is getting older and much more expensive (even though the Bears have plenty of cap room.) Nelson would be an absolute steal at #8.

Chubb is another elite talent that is not an area of need, but would definitely be a value pick at #8 for the Bears. He is an absolute monster that can get into the backfield and disrupt plays.

Fitzpatrick is another 'Bama safety that is elite. You look at every draft, and you'll see a 'Bama safety pretty high or in the Bears case, in the mid-rounds because of injury, but playing well above his draft position. This would be another value pick at #8 and definitely an area of need for the Bears.

One name that isn't in the poll but I think should be, is Vita Vea. He's generally not ranked very high because nose tackle isn't a highly coveted position, but Vea is extremely good against the run, and can collapse the pocket. He has rare size, length, strength, and quickness. The Bears need to get better against the run, and this pick would definitely help that.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Good points. I would not mind drafting down if one of the top guys is not available. Bears could drop a few spots and still get a top WR, DB or lineman. Teams may be trading up to get their QB of the future.

Here's Quenton Nelson. The guy(s) he blocks do not make the tackle. I'd take him at 8 if he's still there. Howard and Cohen would like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi3Um_aHdMk

Thread Info