Slow Pitch Softball

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
Anyone else play? I'm currently doing indoor on Wednesdays but for spring and summer I play men's on Tuesdays and corec on Thursdays. It's all USSSA in Rockford.
f09f510c7e52d78371e42c3df7d97b3f.jpg

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
The 16" I have is pretty hard but they're supposed to soften up the more you play with it. We're going to need a TCG Softball day

My Dad had some that were sooo soft. He let us play with them as kids but it takes a descent amount of play to get them like that. I believe they don't go very far off the bat when they are like that.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
My Dad had some that were sooo soft. He let us play with them as kids but it takes a descent amount of play to get them like that. I believe they don't go very far off the bat when they are like that.

By the end of a game they soften up but for the first couple innings they are rock hard. I played shortstop in a co-ed rec league for years and loved it. I probably wouldn't want to play infield on a men's 16" competitive league though.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Your fingers take a beating.... My Dad always pitched and usually he could use a mitt for defense. It was a mens competitive league.

The balls we got were the ones that weren't yet falling apart but were close. They had been through a game and multiple practices.... They were so soft.

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
Always played 16" in college. It's the perfect game cause I just kept a ball and bat in my car. Any time you get enough guys to play, you can play without other gear.

Played 12" in Rockford for a while...now I'm old and Slacker 101 has retired cause my shoulder is garbage
Sportscore or forest hills?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Played 12" in Rockford for a while...now I'm old and Slacker 101 has retired cause my shoulder is garbage

Played 3rd base for probably 13-14 years. I literally canā€™t make that throw to 1st anymore because of my shoulder. I mean I can get it there but not much on it or not very accurate anymore. So I have been playing 1st or 2nd and occasionally right field if teams start taking advantage as thatā€™s usually were we put our sub par defensive guys.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Played 3rd base for probably 13-14 years. I literally canā€™t make that throw to 1st anymore because of my shoulder. I mean I can get it there but not much on it or not very accurate anymore. So I have been playing 1st or 2nd and occasionally right field if teams start taking advantage as thatā€™s usually were we put our sub par defensive guys.

If you ever need a decent defensive RF give me a call. I play LCF or RCF on shitty teams, RF on better ones. :rofl: Usually the younger, faster guys play up the middle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info