Canelo vs GGG

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
It was a draw, but I had GGG up by a couple rounds.

Thought GGG out boxed Canelo and kept up the pressure. Though, he should have attacked Canelo's body. GGG also missed a lot. Good jab and stinging combos.

Canelo had wicked counter body shots, straight rights and upper cuts. He would have won if he was more active in the middle rounds. GGG boxing style frustrated Canelo.

Good fight.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
GGG got fucking robbed. No way in hell was that a draw.
That woman judge scored it 118-110, only gives GGG 2 rounds???
Have seen this way too many times in boxing over the years.

Golovkin wasn't robbed. He would have been robbed if they gave the fight to Canelo. Remember, this fight was for three belts. He didn't lose the belts in the draw. Golovkin might have scored more points but was it enough to defend and be the undisputed champion of all three belts? I don't think so. And Canelo didn't show enough to be the winner either. A draw was the correct call. One or the other has to clearly win by TKO or completely dominate the other. Maybe in an undercard fight you give it to the one that got more points, but for three belts? Nah...

If the fight isn't decided by the fighters in the ring by TKO the greedy and slimy boxing association and promoters take over and give a WWE style decision to make more money. That's what we got, a greasy and slimy draw to make more millions. I personally want to see them fight again and again until one is knocked the fuck out!!!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Golovkin wasn't robbed. He would have been robbed if they gave the fight to Canelo. Remember, this fight was for three belts. He didn't lose the belts in the draw. Golovkin might have scored more points but was it enough to defend and be the undisputed champion of all three belts? I don't think so. And Canelo didn't show enough to be the winner either. A draw was the correct call. One or the other has to clearly win by TKO or completely dominate the other. Maybe in an undercard fight you give it to the one that got more points, but for three belts? Nah...

If the fight isn't decided by the fighters in the ring by TKO the greedy and slimy boxing association and promoters take over and give a WWE style decision to make more money. That's what we got, a greasy and slimy draw to make more millions. I personally want to see them fight again and again until one is knocked the fuck out!!!

I get it and understand where your coming from and agree with a lot of what you said. Been watching boxing over 20 years, and have seen worse, lol. But imo, GGG clearly won the fight, hence why I think he was robbed. I think I'm just more pissed at the 118-110 score. Maybe had she scored it 115-113 in favor of Canelo....sure I can see that but wouldn't agree with it. Canelo literally back pedaled from round 4 on. Some rounds he would fight for 30 seconds or so then take the rest of the round off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info