Keto dieters, what are you having for lunch.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Today Im going to Chipotle for a bowl. Half steak/chicken, cheese, sour cream and guac. Maybe some lettuce too. Should be no carbs/sugar in any of this.

Im on day 8 of my Keto diet. Started at 302.4, Im down to 293.2. Not bad. Shooting for 220lbs. Im 6" so that should be about right.

Yesterday I had a JJs #16 unwich with cheese. And always water of course but people are saying that diet sodas like diet pepsi and diet coke are keto safe.

Im getting the Keto sticks today and we will see how all these meals effect my keto.

Shits working guys. What are you all eating for lunch to keep with the no carbs/sugar thing?

qycyg.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
My gripe with Keto or any diet that isn't just a reduction in calories:

Are you going to be on it forever?
How are you going to eat when you hit your target weight?

Diets are not sustainable. You need to make a lifestyle change with your eating habits or you will just put the same weight back on.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
My gripe with Keto or any diet that isn't just a reduction in calories:

Are you going to be on it forever?
How are you going to eat when you hit your target weight?

Diets are not sustainable. You need to make a lifestyle change with your eating habits or you will just put the same weight back on.

Thats what Im doing. Cutting out sugars, and only eating carbs that also have fiber. Fiber cuts down carbs. total carbs (g) - fiber (g) = net carbs (g).

Yeah I dont plan on being this strict forever, but it took me ten years to get to this weight eating like shit. If I adjust myself to just eat less, and more normal, then I should be able to maintain. I will keep up drinking water and no regular sodas, while deleting most sugars. Its possible but not easy. I just need to get the weight off and get myself healthier. Im 37. Not getting any younger.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i like keto.

i lost 20lbs this past fall doing it. was really easy to stick to. not only did i lose weight, i also had a fuck ton more energy.

i stopped around christmas and went back to beer, carbs, pasta, ice cream and whatever. gained 6-8 back. which was expected, but still being ahead 12-14lbs of where i was last fall is still good for me and i dig it. tried getting back into it lately, but summer and boats makes it tough.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
I have been on Keto since March of 2016, down almost 60lbs. Same with me around the holidays I loosened up and I wient back to beer, empty carbs and sugar with sweets. I put on maybe 10lbs cause I wasnt working out. I am back on track again and weight is slowly falling off. Its only 1-2 lbs a week which is what I want. My lunch is usually based on chicken, eggs, pork and nothing covered is sweet sauces or glazes. Sugar is going to be the biggest enemy, not so much whole grains. Beer is my biggest vice, I LOVE me some colder Miller Lites on the boat!! I am also a big Gin drinker so I will pair that with diet Tonic and sugar free. Water consumption is key, as well as keeping sodium intake up. When you are cutting out carbs those contain most of your sodium intake. Protein in itself is not high in sodium. I would suggest staying away from diet drinks, i know they are free from sugar but having the sugar substitute makes your brain crave the sweets. I am viewing this as a way of eating, a lifestyle change not a diet. I have seen how quickly the weight will come back with a couple weeks off the wagon. Good luck and fight through the Keto Flu!!

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Started Keto last week (10 days). Haven't seen anything yet to speak of. The hardest thing for me to give up is Ketchup and BBQ sauce. I have found alternatives for both although they don't taste as good. The thing I love is sugar free Jello and reddi whip for my dessert fix.

Really need to drop some weight for my ailing back. Hoping when I can get to desired wait I can make that lifestyle change that is necessary.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
i like keto.

i lost 20lbs this past fall doing it. was really easy to stick to. not only did i lose weight, i also had a fuck ton more energy.

i stopped around christmas and went back to beer, carbs, pasta, ice cream and whatever. gained 6-8 back. which was expected, but still being ahead 12-14lbs of where i was last fall is still good for me and i dig it. tried getting back into it lately, but summer and boats makes it tough.

Same here. Lost 30 and gained 15 back. Going to start back up once I get rid of all the carbs in the house.

why would you want to keep the sodium intake up?

Electrolytes are a real problem with Keto

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
why would you want to keep the sodium intake up?

Well in my instance I was having light headed and dizzy spells. Wasn't sure what was happening and wen to see my doctor. This is a hard "Diet" for your body to adjust to cold turkey which I did. Doc told me I was deficient in sodium, which cause imbalance and light hotheadedness. The average recommended intake should be around 2k mg's per day. I am sure I was far exceeding that prior to starting the keto, so going cold turkey was dropping my blood pressure to much. So I say just be careful to those going cold turkey.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Chipotle consumed. Steak/chicken, cheese, sour cream, guacamole and lettuce. Mixing the sour cream and guacamole was a mistake. Turned the bowl into a soup. So maybe no sc next time. But Iā€™m on the train. Almost down 10 after one week. I had the keto flu over the last few days. Felt like shit. Much better today. Iā€™m doing 96oz of water per day too. The emergency peeing had stopped too. Now I crave water.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Today Im going to Chipotle for a bowl. Half steak/chicken, cheese, sour cream and guac. Maybe some lettuce too. Should be no carbs/sugar in any of this.

Im on day 8 of my Keto diet. Started at 302.4, Im down to 293.2. Not bad. Shooting for 220lbs. Im 6" so that should be about right.

Yesterday I had a JJs #16 unwich with cheese. And always water of course but people are saying that diet sodas like diet pepsi and diet coke are keto safe.

Im getting the Keto sticks today and we will see how all these meals effect my keto.

Shits working guys. What are you all eating for lunch to keep with the no carbs/sugar thing?

qycyg.jpg

What are your max carbs per day?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info