Does anyone on here play disc golf?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
If so, where at?

I have a few friends I play with, but they're unavailable AF on the weekends. It's great exercise and tons of fun to play, especially with the weather being so nice. If you don't play, you really should try it. After you buy the discs you need, it's free to play and there are tons of courses all over the area. Just about every town has at least one.

Reactions: shockerracing.com

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
If so, where at?

I have a few friends I play with, but they're unavailable AF on the weekends. It's great exercise and tons of fun to play, especially with the weather being so nice. If you don't play, you really should try it. After you buy the discs you need, it's free to play and there are tons of courses all over the area. Just about every town has at least one.
I have two discs but lost my third one in my moving from house to apt to house it looks like. I enjoy it, there's a place right near me in elk Grove that I used to go to.

Reactions: shockerracing.com

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I helped build the Palatine course for my friends Eagle Project. I play occasionally but I am far more used to throwing 175g discs from Ultimate then the little guys.

Almost all of my discs are 173-175g, just saying!

I have two discs but lost my third one in my moving from house to apt to house it looks like. I enjoy it, there's a place right near me in elk Grove that I used to go to.

I've found like 5-6 of them since I started playing, so I'm up to like 9 discs now. Where do you live now?

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
a6f650915820ee63092c061a1038ec89.jpg

I meant this style. I think I have a driver and a putter somewhere

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
I play all the time. Sometimes 2 rounds after work, and 2 or 3 rounds each day weekends if I can.

I play white eagle/civic center and jericho the most as they the 2 closest courses.

Last year I got invited into a facebook discgolf group. They go all the time, another good way to meet people.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I play all the time. Sometimes 2 rounds after work, and 2 or 3 rounds each day weekends if I can.

I play white eagle/civic center and jericho the most as they the 2 closest courses.

Last year I got invited into a facebook discgolf group. They go all the time, another good way to meet people.

I play those too, that's awesome. We play Civic center Monday's at 5 or Jericho. I've probably seen you at some point :rofl:

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I haven't played in a long time. But when I did we often did Willow Streams Park in Buffalo Grove, Fink Park in Deerfield and Black Bear Park in Hoffman Estates.

The last golf course my brother managed had a frolf course on it that I think was on of the longest courses in the country but once he moved to a different course the new manager pulled the baskets.

I don't see myself getting back out to do it, no more excitement in it for me.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yep I was at civic this past monday around 5.

And Jericho will be awhile before that is 100% playable since a lot of it is flooded.

Yeah, seems like civic is the best one for the worst of all conditions. It's great to play when it's super windy and it's not super flooded when we get a shit ton of rain. Jericho gets flooded so easily, but that's one of my favorites. I love that course.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Now that Iā€™ve moved out to the suburbs Iā€™m getting back into disc golf! Picked up a few discs this week and have a couple more on the way. Heading out to Rolling Knolls in Elgin in the morning.

251a78558b951c65a860bdb28cff4f0b.jpg

I got so excited when they started rebuilding that place thinking it was going to be a standard golf course within walking distance of where I live. I was kind of pissed when I realized it was going to be for frisbee golf when there's another course down the street. It looks like a really nice course tho.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I got so excited when they started rebuilding that place thinking it was going to be a standard golf course within walking distance of where I live. I was kind of pissed when I realized it was going to be for frisbee golf when there's another course down the street. It looks like a really nice course tho.

I didnā€™t realize that it used to be a regular golf course before a buddy mentioned that today. How long had it been closed? Itā€™s nearly impossible to imagine one with how over grown that place is.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Noice! PM me your number, maybe we can meet up and play a few rounds there next weekend. :bigthumb:

Iā€™ll shoot you a message. Will probably play somewhere else next weekend unless thereā€™s no wind. Was really frustrating today playing that course in high winds. Lot of tight fairways and rough. I did awful today and realized how much arm strength and skill Iā€™ve lost not playing the last 3 years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info