TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I made this chicken with some peppers and onions for flavor
5bd4a38f88a43d6619a358e4c7f23481.jpg

3daca829862c9f4b502e88bd4774ace5.jpg

96e925d7e380e3831ea50e90a3ec585b.jpg

5 egg whites and one whole egg and 1.5 cups of potatoes o'brian I made a couple of these for breakfast
15bea631a9224ab0d76245c3a8ef16db.jpg

I eat this type of rice because I'm too lazy to cook rice 1/2 bag for a couple meals of the day
1c88a22ead5de816e98b3e9e00ead02c.jpg

Each meal has 6oz broccoli or carrots for this week till I get sick of them

I'm going to do some lean burgers tomorrow didn't have time today before work 1/4lb burgers with no bun in place of the 6oz chicken

I'm going to be between 2100-2300 calories a day About 40-40-20 macros slightly less fat and slightly more protein

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Made Mediterranean lentil soup last night, with some rice pilaf, which will be for dinners for the week. For lunches and breakfast apples, bananas, carrots, and turkey breast on whole wheat. Got some bone in chicken breasts to grill up for some undecided dish, also got some boneless breasts for spinach salads for lunches as well, instead of sandwiches, to mix it up.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I should probably get into it as deep as what [MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION] is doing, but I am just planning on excercise, calorie counting, and a bunch of chicken and vegetables.

I thought about going that far, but I'm using this as motivation for eating and living healthier; not eating out so much, cooking at home, eating healthier, exercising. If I start to get really specific, weighing and counting, etc, I feel like it'll make me less motivated and more likely to quit on it. I just want to be healthier, any weight loss is a bonus for me.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Chicken, salsa, black beans in the crock pot = win

I made something similar to this for the first time on Saturday. I also added corn, green peppers, and red peppers. I shredded the chicken and let it cook for another hour on low. It was delicious!

Plus it is so easy to change the flavor profile by changing the salsa you use. I will be making this a lot from now on.

I got the idea from a recipe I saw that was done in a pan for more of a grilled style chicken breast. Much quicker to make than the crock pot. Grill breasts, then add salsa and other stuff. Salsa will thicken in about 20-30 minutes. But it worked out great in the crock pot.

And for you guys that don't know, N20GT is one of those weight loss and lifestyle transformation stories to know it can be done. :bigthumb:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I should probably get into it as deep as what [MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION] is doing, but I am just planning on excercise, calorie counting, and a bunch of chicken and vegetables.

I will be throwing other stuff in there when i get tired of the same shit over and over and it wont take long lol, subway and what not I just count calories and protein for the most part

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I thought about going that far, but I'm using this as motivation for eating and living healthier; not eating out so much, cooking at home, eating healthier, exercising. If I start to get really specific, weighing and counting, etc, I feel like it'll make me less motivated and more likely to quit on it. I just want to be healthier, any weight loss is a bonus for me.
It's the opposite for me. If I try to completely change my diet I'll give up. Calorie counting allows me to still dabble in some trash food so long as I make sure I don't eat too much of it.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I don't mind keeping Chipotle burrito bowls in my diet because I generally just go meat, cheese and brown rice but the sodium content in Chipotle is comically high.

Was just looking at the Chipotle nutrition calculator...Steak is healthier than the chicken?? Less fat, less saturated fat, less cholesterol, only slightly more sodium, only thing it has far less protein.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
It's the opposite for me. If I try to completely change my diet I'll give up. Calorie counting allows me to still dabble in some trash food so long as I make sure I don't eat too much of it.

Yeah, I'm not completely changing...will still dabble in trash, because trying to completely change is another path to failure for me. Gotta go grab Chipotle every now and again, or get a good burger.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

Yeah, I'm not completely changing...will still dabble in trash, because trying to completely change is another path to failure for me. Gotta go grab Chipotle every now and again, or get a good burger.

Also what I'm doing. I love food too much to eat chicken and kale for the rest of my life. Portion control is the key for me!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Can you guys elaborate on the chicken/ salsa/ black bean combo? Got any recipes?

The easiest way to make it is to throw chicken breasts, a jar of your favorite store-bought salsa, and black beans into the crock pot. It's that simple. haha Of course, if you like to make your own salsa you can do that as well.

I also added the veggies to it when I started it. Because I cooked it on high for 2.5 hours. Then removed the chicken, shredded it, threw it back in the pot for a half hour. Shred the chicken when it is still hot. Because as the chicken cools the muscle fibers tighten up and make it harder to shred.

If you cook it on low for a long time you might want to add the veggies when you shred the chicken. Otherwise, depending on the veggie, they may become mush when cooking it on low for 7-8 hours.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Can you guys elaborate on the chicken/ salsa/ black bean combo? Got any recipes?

I don't mind keeping Chipotle burrito bowls in my diet because I generally just go meat, cheese and brown rice but the sodium content in Chipotle is comically high.

Sodium has nothing to do with fat loss. The only time you really should worry about sodium would be within 2 days of final weigh in. The only things that really matter when it comes to losing weight are total calories and macros (carbs, proteins, fats). If anything, sodium will help with your diet because it will make you feel more full and help satisfy a sweet tooth. Nobody can live off of unseasoned chicken and greens for 12 weeks

Chipotle chicken burrito bowl is one of the leanest meals you can get while on the go. Obviously don't get sour cream, extra cheese etc.

Pratt already explained the chicken, bean, salsa meal. The crockpot is amazing for meal prepping...just toss in anything lean that seems like it would taste good and in 3 hours you have 4-5 days worth of meals. I make a dozen perdue breasts at a time.

Just make sure you're accurately plugging in everything you eat in to myfitnesspal for the best results.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Surprisingly my chicken was still bland, so I hit it with the Taco Bell hot sauce

THIS is the other most important thing for weight loss....god's gift to dieters, zero calorie hot sauce.

Gift # 2....aspartame free zero calorie pepsi or coke (I forget which one comes without aspartame). There are contest prep guys that drink a coke zero every day up until a couple weeks out from their show. Fills you up, satisfies the sweet tooth, and has no calories.

Probably gives you cancer too, but what doesn't nowadays.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info