Who's gearing up for Saturday in WI?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
As much as I think it would be cool, Ive yet to shoot to kill anything. I know hunting is different cause you are putting food on your table, but if I still have the mindset of if I dont want to, I dont have to.

Now if we were setting up a turkey hunt for thanksgiving, Ill jump on that shit all day. Loves me some turkey.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I'm in the boat of many others in this thread.... would like to experience it and learn to hunt. Its something I'd love to hand down to my son because it wasn't tradition when I was a kid with my dad.
[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] / Frank - lemme know if you've got a slot open at all this season. Would love to finally see your place and observe if nothing else.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
To all those folks who are experienced already - will the standard hunter safety give folks most of what they need to know?

Are you referring to the hunter safety class? If so I wouldn't know for sure since I'm old enough to not have ever needed to take it. My 2 younger brothers went through it and it just shows some basics of proper firearm handling and some basic do/don't do's.

Hunting is different for each animal you are hunting and based on what I heard from them that class doens't cover that.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I'm in the boat of many others in this thread.... would like to experience it and learn to hunt. Its something I'd love to hand down to my son because it wasn't tradition when I was a kid with my dad.

[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] / Frank - lemme know if you've got a slot open at all this season. Would love to finally see your place and observe if nothing else.

Did [MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION] not tell you we're all going Sept. 24th???? Bring yoself

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
To all those folks who are experienced already - will the standard hunter safety give folks most of what they need to know?

It's more-less non-sense. You can handle a firearm safely you're gold. If and I say IF anything, it more-less teaches you about ethics and laws for that certain state.

I went with my wife just so she wasn't alone. Some good info, but nothing that you couldn't learn on your own.

Look around, there's places that do it for free.

I'm setting my cameras up next weekend. Hunting is something I've yet to get in to, but my buddy is a big hunter so we're going to give it a go this year. I've got 160 acres up north.

Wanna be friends?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info