UFC 202: MCGREGOR VS. DIAZ

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
I think this event is big enough to warrant it's own thread. So here goes.

UFC 202
August 20th
Las Vegas

6sS95MY.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqdCzdQPenM

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
My .02

There is no question that Conor has a legit shot at taking this one. He's now training with some of the best and has the time to game-plan for a familiar opponent. He has drastically changed his training, Nate essentially gave him the game-plan. Meanwhile, the UFC has Nate doing a bunch of media obligations which may be another attempt to even the playing field. :rofl:
Personally, I don't think Conor can bridge the gap in a few months time and I don't think he can suddenly change his fighting style to be more conservative for a 5-round fight. That's not what got him to the dance and it certainly isn't the type of fight that the Diaz bros are known for. We'll have to wait and see just how far his cardio has come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlnVFOo4F2A

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
Gotta like how they put Chris Avila (young up-and-comer from the Diaz camp) against Artem Lobov (more experienced fighter from Mcgregor's camp who has been blowing his chance in the UFC).

Can't wait to see Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira as well. I would have gone to that recent UFC event here in Chicago if they hadn't scrapped that fight from the card. Still, it's a huge fight for both of them and the winner will face Daniel Cormier for the title next.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
@arielhelwani 1h1 hour ago
Presser has started without McGregor. "We're starting without him," White said. "He has to start respecting people's time."

"Do you have any questions, other than Conor being late?" White said. "Nah, I don't care," Diaz said. "It's rude," with a smile.

White says again McGregor either fights at 145 next or gives up his belt.

Diaz isn't interested in the guys at 155. He thinks they need to make some noise first.

Diaz just left. "Fuck your whole team, how about that?"

McGregor is yelling "get the full out of here!" They are now throwing cans at each other.

White gets on the mic, "sorry, guys, see you Saturday." At presser ends, just like that.

Nick Diaz showed up at the end. Hard to fully describe what happened but it was something very unique and tense.

This PC needed to spark some kinda fire. It wasn't a traditional home run obviously but this will create huge buzz. Not a bad thing at all.

Not even close. There was absolutely nothing fake about that. That's why it was compelling.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Jean Ralphio
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list