Does anyone here golf?

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
I am a pretty good player myself at an 11 handicap. My favorite golfer is Jim Furyk.

I'm currently watching Faherty and thought I might not be the only one who enjoys discussing golf and the craftsmanship/dedication that it requires.

Today I played decently, on the front nine I was 7 over and back nine was 5 over to finish with an 82. The front nine had bunkers with more sand than I could find on a beach and I was in all of them. Despite being dehydrated as ever I managed an 82 on a par 70 course.

Hopefully someone joins with me as I report my average scores and comment on various majors.

Last edited:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
In the same boat as the others.... I havent golfed in a few years but really need to get out again. I totally suck though and am usually in the low 100's but don't care... It's always fun anyway.

I always laugh because I'll take like an 8 on a hole and ask myself "why the fuck do you waste your time at this damn game ?!?!?"

Then on the next hole I'll hit a 5w perfectly and remember that shot for a few holes... "Ah, that's why I keep playing..."

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Bag set up:
Driver: Taylormade SLDR 12 degree
Fairway Woods: 3w, 5w Maxfli Black Max
Hybrids: 3i Taylormade RBZ
Irons: 4-9 Taylormade RBZ Pro
Wedges: AW Taylormade RBZ Pro SW Maxfli Black Max (Graphite Shaft)
Putter: Topflite 2.0 blade

Bag is a Ogio cart bag. I need beer room, not light weight to carry it

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Bag Setup:
Driver: Cobra S2 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Cobra S3 5w and 3w
Hybrid: Adams Idea 4i
Irons: 5-9 Cobra S2 max
Wedges: PW, GW, SW, LW, all Mizuno MP-T4
Putter: YES! Golf Sandy 12 in white
Bag: Ogio Cart bag that I'll be replacing soon, few things I don't like about it.

Really going to look at getting a new set of irons. Looking at Mizuno JPX850's right now.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I used to play quite a bit, but due to my job, grad school, project car, and other commitments, I don't play much anymore. I was always a high 80s, low 90s player. My bag setup is a bit old school, but I love my clubs.

My bag setup:
Driver: Taylormade R7 quad 9.5 degree with Fujikura Speeder shaft
Woods: Taylormade V-Steel 3 and 5 wood
Irons: Taylormade RAC OS 3-PW
Wedges: knockoff sand wedge and 60 degree lob wedge
Putter: Odyssey Two Ball "White Hot"
Bag: Some sort of Ogio stand bag with dual backpack style straps. I prefer walking the course to get some exercise and get a better feel for the course I'm playing on.

Now that my project car is nearing completion, I'm hoping to get back into golf a little bit. It's something I definitely miss.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Been playing golf on and off since middle school, started off using a hand me down set from like the 70s that were just awful. I bought a set of Ping G25s a few seasons ago and quite happy with them.

Only been out a couple times this season but I was playing nearly once a week twilight rates after work at Highland woods in Hoffman estates. On a fast day we could wrap around and get in nearly 27 holes before we couldn't see our balls anymore

Reactions: Maro

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Been playing golf on and off since middle school, started off using a hand me down set from like the 70s that were just awful. I bought a set of Ping G25s a few seasons ago and quite happy with them.

Only been out a couple times this season but I was playing nearly once a week twilight rates after work at Highland woods in Hoffman estates. On a fast day we could wrap around and get in nearly 27 holes before we couldn't see our balls anymore

Huge fan of the twilight rates there! Long course, but a ton of fun....

Except for hole number number six, that hole can suck a dick. :bowrofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I play, but am a hack. I'm a mid 90's golfer and can't chip or putt for the life of me. Golf is a game that you need to play weekly to be good as it's all practice and muscle/mental memory. I play maybe a half dozen times in a given year.

IMO, You cant be a hack and a mid 90's golfer.... Unless you're always playing with a foot wedge or giving yourself 5 foot putts of course. :s00ls:

Mid 90's is more than respectable, especially if you go out for business or something like that... Nothing wrong or "hack" about mid 90's IMO.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Huge fan of the twilight rates there! Long course, but a ton of fun....

Except for hole number number six, that hole can suck a dick. :bowrofl:

We used to play twilight there for $12-15 with a cart.... those days are long gone. They've been changing as of late, increased green fees and more evening leagues.

Yeah, hole #6 :rofl:. Just depends on the day for me. I've sliced into both ponds having to take 2 drops, and then I've also birdied it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info