Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Wikipedia:

Because this game and the Hall of Fame's induction ceremonies are scheduled on the weekend before the league's regular four-week exhibition season begins, both teams end up playing five exhibition games instead of the normal four, and unlike the Canadian Football League, the league does not remove an exhibition game from another week.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Rodgers and the starters will probably play at least one series in the HOF game. I think the NFL would be mega annoyed if they held them out the entire game. After that, they can hold them out as much as they want.

It's about time the NFL goes to a two preseason game/18 regular season game schedule. More money, same number of games and the same risk of injury.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
JPP suing Adam Schefter and ESPN for releasing his medical records.

Redzone:

Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul is flagging ESPN and its reporter Adam Schefter for posting his private medical records online to millions of readers, Julia Marsh of the New York Post reports.

Pierre-Paul, 27, sued ESPN and Schefter in a Florida court Wednesday citing a violation of his privacy.

The NFL player blew off a finger in a July 4 fireworks mishap and was treated at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, according to his lawyers Mitchell Schuster and Kevin Fritz.

Schefter ā€œimproperly obtainedā€ Pierre-Paulā€™s medical chart showing the defensive end had his right index finger amputated and posting the record on Twitter to nearly 4 million followers, the suit says.

ā€œThis action arises out of ESPN reporter Schefterā€™s blatant disregard for the private and confidential nature of plaintiffā€™s medical records, all so Schefter could show the world that he had ā€˜supporting proofā€™ of a surgical procedure,ā€ the suit says.

Schefter later admitted he ā€œcould have and should have done even more to protect [Pierre-Paulā€™s] medical records,ā€ in an interview with Sports Illustrated.

The reporter said he tweeted the image of the medical record to bolster a story about the surgery.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Watching the combine weigh-in's and some of the initial reports of team meetings with combine participants....Bears have been linked with Christian Hackenberg. Hackenberg seems to be grading out as a 3rd to 4th rounder, but estimates have him going in the 2nd because of the need for QB on so many teams.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Some insight into the discussions the league is having on the "catch" rule.

Looks to me like there are multiple goals.

Officials want clarity on what is a catch.

Broadcasters have a wide and sometimes differing viewpoint on what is a catch.

NFL wants to discourage NFL liability for injuries or bad calls. NFL management prefers to leave it up to the officials so they can play innocent.

No progress yet.

Controversial catch rule unlikely to be changed, and here's why - NFL.com

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I think there's a good chance that Danny Trevathan is a Bear next season....at least I think that he should be high on the Bears board....although I don't like these rumors of the Bears wanting to resign Shea...that they think that Shea is the future at the position is a little scary

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Same guy people called super mario? The one with the huge contract a while back?

Yup #1 overall pick a few years ago....he's going to still want tons of money...he was a cap casualty for the Bills...he had a down year last year, but overall, he's still very good and would probably be a starter on most teams. He's not really a "high character" type of guy, so it'll turn a few teams off to him. Last year, apparently, he became a bit of a locker room cancer, while he was doing poorly.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Unless you think he could be some kind of mentor or something to Kevin White I would agree 100% with you.

Yeah, not sure what type of.character guy that Roddy White is, if he's a leader, maybe bringing him on a veteran minimum wouldn't be terrible...but I'm sure there are a bunch of other teams that may be thinking the same thing, if he is that type of guy.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
If you look at Royal's peak years and White's peak years, there's no comparison. White was one of the top WRs in the league. If I could have him for Royal money, I'd think about switching.

He was covered by CB1s and CB2s in Atlanta. On the Bears, he'd be an animal against CB3s or he'd be covered and Kevin White would have the CB3.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
If you look at Royal's peak years and White's peak years, there's no comparison. White was one of the top WRs in the league. If I could have him for Royal money, I'd think about switching.

He was covered by CB1s and CB2s in Atlanta. On the Bears, he'd be an animal against CB3s or he'd be covered and Kevin White would have the CB3.

Roddy white had 500 yards and 1 td last season against ONLY #2 cbs and single coverage. He isn't in or anyplace near his peak so what he has done in his past isn't relevant.

On his own team he was 4th in catches, targets, yards and 6th in tds. He is washed up. If your options are Royal or White you probably need to draft some one.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Broncos offer Brock Osweiler $45 Mil+ for 3 years.

9 News Denver's Mike Klis reports the Broncos' offer to impending free agent Brock Osweiler is for three years and more than $45 million.
With the Broncos reportedly out on Peyton Manning, locking up Osweiler should be the team's top priority. $15 million a year plus incentives is pretty substantial for a quarterback who's made just seven career starts. It's unknown how much guaranteed money the Broncos are offering. Osweiler will have plenty of suitors if he hits the open marketā€”the Browns, Rams and Texans are all desperate for quarterback helpā€”but it's likely he'll remain in Denver where he has the best chance of winning another Super Bowl.

Reason this is relevant to the Bears is every player Denver signs that isn't named Jackson or Trevathan takes cash away from Denver's chances of resigning those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info