⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Sox are absolutely on fire right now. Problem is, they've had a few streaks this year and have followed them up with a really bad stretch.

But they were never scoring this amount of runs per game. The pitching has always been there. If they hit like they're supposed to, not even as good as they have been on this stretch, they'll be in good shape for the 2nd wildcard.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
To put it into perspective, the White Sox who don't draw very well draw more people per game than the Blackhawks, and play twice as many games and share the city with the Cubs. I always find it funny when people say, "People watch baseball?!?" Yeah, shit loads of them. It's pretty damn hard to draw 20k+ people 81 times a year, no other sport would be able to do it.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
To put it into perspective, the White Sox who don't draw very well draw more people per game than the Blackhawks, and play twice as many games and share the city with the Cubs. I always find it funny when people say, "People watch baseball?!?" Yeah, shit loads of them. It's pretty damn hard to draw 20k+ people 81 times a year, no other sport would be able to do it.

You think maybe the capacity of their respective stadiums might have something do with that? If the UC fit 100K people, there would be 100K people there every game.

Just look at the attendance at the Cup parades Vs. the White Sox WS parade.... The Hawks fan base dwarfs the White Sox fan base.

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
You think maybe the capacity of their respective stadiums might have something do with that? If the UC fit 100K people, there would be 100K people there every game.

Just look at the attendance at the Cup parades Vs. the White Sox WS parade.... The Hawks fan base dwarfs the White Sox fan base.

Well the sox parade in 2005 was waaayyy before social media was a thing and I viewed the Hawks parade as a mass social media event because if you went you just had to tell all your friends about how you were there. Back in the day the only way you could get the information about the parade was through paper or the news. And also the hawks parade was so massive was because they won 3 stanley cups ina five year period. If the sox won 3 world series in a five year period it would be just the same.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Well the sox parade in 2005 was waaayyy before social media was a thing and I viewed the Hawks parade as a mass social media event because if you went you just had to tell all your friends about how you were there. Back in the day the only way you could get the information about the parade was through paper or the news. And also the hawks parade was so massive was because they won 3 stanley cups ina five year period. If the sox won 3 world series in a five year period it would be just the same.

I was talking about the first parade. The Hawks parade in 2010 was all over the news. You didn't need social media to know it was going on. The Sox will never have the fan base that the Hawks do because less than half of Chicago baseball fans are Sox fans.

Thread Info