Secretariat v American Pharaoh

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Secretariat was an absolute monster. His arch nemesis "Sham" was also an absolute monster and still has 4th fastest time at The Derby and 5th fastest at The Preakness. It's unfortunate for him that he ran the same year as his cousin Secretariat.

Tim

I like girls that drink beer
Nov 9, 2006
America
Secretariat was an absolute monster. His arch nemesis "Sham" was also an absolute monster and still has 4th fastest time at The Derby and 5th fastest at The Preakness. It's unfortunate for him that he ran the same year as his cousin Secretariat.

Indeed I remember reading that Sham would have been a triple crown winner in pretty much any other year.

Instead he had 2 seconds, and a last (Belmont) where he fell off after trying to run head and head with Secretariat through the first half of that race.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Hi [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]
6d6d1a9da5c8053cb7d430d8c4eca751.jpg

That's my niece
b1f7445a8795b6082c9f8412da5e5ece.jpg

Foot water is delicious
5e26abb4e150647a552e941a35b68aa8.jpg

That's "our" other horse. He's retired.
ccf3e95659e04068f1cd05f583885f40.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
We need a tcg horse.

I could see you with a mini horse.

Indeed I remember reading that Sham would have been a triple crown winner in pretty much any other year.

Instead he had 2 seconds, and a last (Belmont) where he fell off after trying to run head and head with Secretariat through the first half of that race.

Watching that video you can see that the Belmont wasn't even close for anyone on the track with Secretariat. Not by a long shot. sheesh. You can see Sham was next to him up to the 1/2 mile. Just after that you see Sham starting to fall back quickly. By the 3/4 mile marker Sham is 2 to 3 horse lengths behind. At the 1 mile mark you can see the split between Secretariat and American Pharaoh is 3.79 seconds.

Tim

I like girls that drink beer
Nov 9, 2006
America
I could see you with a mini horse.

Watching that video you can see that the Belmont wasn't even close for anyone on the track with Secretariat. Not by a long shot. sheesh. You can see Sham was next to him up to the 1/2 mile. Just after that you see Sham starting to fall back quickly. By the 3/4 mile marker Sham is 2 to 3 horse lengths behind. At the 1 mile mark you can see the split between Secretariat and American Pharaoh is 3.79 seconds.

Werd but that means he ran the last leg faster than Secretariat. Maybe he woulda caught him by the 2 mile mark cool down lap? [emoji1]

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
Werd but that means he ran the last leg faster than Secretariat. Maybe he woulda caught him by the 2 mile mark cool down lap? [emoji1]

I'm wondering if after being ahead by 22+ lengths, Secretariat didn't let off at least just a little. By that point, Sham was spent and the rest of the horses were also totally burnt out.
If you believe that thoroughbreds have a personality, Secretariat appeared as if he'd had enough of Sham's shit and decided to just blow him into the weeds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info