Simple menu addition promotes better food choices

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
This is interesting. Just by adding the walk time necessary to burn off menu item calories to menus, diners are ordering and eating less and better foods.

If you knew it would take two hours of intensive walking to burn off that dessert tempting you at dinnertime, would you still choose it?
A new study finds that restaurant guests who look at menus that show them an estimate of how much exercise is needed to burn off calories tend to choose lower-calorie options.
Researchers at Texas Christian University recently conducted a study of 300 men and women under the age of 30. They broke them into three groups, giving each group a menu with the same food choices.

One group received a regular menu; the second received a menu that listed the calories of each food item; the third got a menu that listed the calories as well as the number of minutes of brisk walking needed to burn those calories.
The study found that the people who got the third menu not only tended to order less, they also ate less compared to those who got the menu without calorie labels.

Read more: Food menus that list exercise costs could lead to healthier choices | CTV News

lilybennet

Nov 17, 2016
This study is very right and awesome. I also often check nutrition facts of foods that I eat. This help me control my menu and weight effectively. I apperciate nutritious and low calorie food. Thus squash is my favorite choice. In general, squash is very low calorie in its content because 100 grams of raw summer squash contain only 16 kcal. It is also very little in fat. However, It provides a diversity of vitamins, some of which exist in considerable amounts. Top benefits of squash can conclude immune system improvement, eye health and lung health enhancement as well as weight loss.

Source: https://wikihomenutrition.com/squash-health-benefits/

Bob Kazamakis

Iā€™m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
not-sure-if-spam-or-usefull-information-thumb.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info