Hockey Gear Thread

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I am looking to go to a new inline setup. I like the Reebok skate setup and the boot is not broken down, but I feel the the fit of the skate could be better. I do get some occasional heel lift in the boot because the skate is a half size too big. Bauer skates tend to run a bit narrow which is why I have never used them in the past, but with this new Nexus skate it has more volume in the boot.

Current: 1st Gen Reebok 9K Boots, Red Star Hi-Lo Chassis (80,80,72,72), Labeda Addiction Wheels

RBK9K.jpg

Future: Bauer Nexus 600 Skates, Labeda Sensor Chassis (80,80,72,76), Labeda Addiction Wheels

14616-BAUER-live-main-default-imagedata.jpg

pr-Hockey_In-line_Skating-Labeda_Sensor_Frame_Inline_Hockey_Skate_Chassis-resized200.gif

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Feb 12, 2008
Coal City, IL
I need to get a different roller setup as well, I hate the Bauers I have right now. Probably look into some Reebok ones. I love my 5k ice ones I have.

Also when funds allow, probably after xmas, I'm gonna try to pick up a new stick. Nothing fancy, Powertek V3. They have them at the play it again in Lockport. For like $35-40.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
So yesterday I popped into Play-It-Again and found a pair of shitty Mission skates with a pair of the Labeda Sensor chassis for $30 so I scooped them up. I removed the chassis form the boots last night, cleaned them up, and dropped them off for powder coating today. Order a couple of Bauer decals, will have them put on the chassis, and cleared over. Should look sweet!

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Trying to decide what wheels to go with........I like the Labeda Addictions, but they are so damn expensive at $14 a wheel. They perform like no other though and I will probably be disaapointed with any other wheel I get. The other 2 wheels I am considering are the Rink Rat Splits or the Revision Variant Plus.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
If you can get by with cheaper wheels then more power to you. I just hate slipping during stride or in turns as well as having wheels chunk or split early. Not every high priced wheel performs well, but certain wheels do for sure and make the price well worth it.

So yesterday I went into Total Hockey and tried on a few pairs of skates. I tried on the Bauer Nexus 600 (which I was planning on getting), Bauer Supreme One.7, and the Reebok 16K. Both the Nexus 600 and the 16K did not fit the greatest. I was actually surprised that the Supreme One.7's fit the best out of all three, but I was not impressed. So long story short I am going to stick my current boot because it fits perfect.

To address the heel lift I am going to put back on the lace lock system to keep my foot snug in the back of the boot. It should address the problem. I blacked out the neon green pump/accents on the boot and removed the Red Star E Frame chassis. I will still be using the Labeda Sensor chassis in its place, but with Revision Variant Plus wheels. These wheels are $12 per wheel instead of the $14 per wheel Addictions.

soft.jpg

the skates should looks bad ass when done. :)

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
I just bought The Bauer Vapor X3.0 skates , wanted to get the 4.0 but didnt have my size . . First time on them was last saturday . Kinda feels like my heels are sitting higher than my very old Bauer supremes . I guess i just have to get used to them . All Bauers i have ever bought are 1 1/2 size smaller than my regular wearing outdoor gym shoes .

My 13 year old rollers are Missions Proto V - Accelerator chassis . Nothing to compare them to cause those are my only hockey rollers i've owned . They are a hi-lo 80-72 setup . I think my wheels are 74a grip . I still have them but the wheels are burned .

Attachments

• SAM_0992.JPG
    SAM_0992.JPG
    311 KB · Views: 317

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
New skate setup is no bueno, I actually hate. It feels heavy and awkard with the chassis being extended 3/4 of an inch. Just ordered new skates, acquired the same exact Red Star chassis I sold on eBay a few weeks ago, and going back to the Addictions. Will have picks up next week!

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
New skate setup is no bueno, I actually hate. It feels heavy and awkard with the chassis being extended 3/4 of an inch. Just ordered new skates, acquired the same exact Red Star chassis I sold on eBay a few weeks ago, and going back to the Addictions. Will have picks up next week!

You should give it a little more time. I remember back when I was still paying ice hockey. I had always used Bauer hockey skates. Then after about 15 years of Bauers. I tried what was new on the market at the time a pair of CCM 952 Tacks. They felt so awkward and the blades seemed slightly longer than the TUUK blades. It took some getting used to and in the end. I loved those skates the most.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Second time on my Vapors and i can tell i'm getting used to them .

Somehow i cut one of my laces almost all the way through while skating , so i think i might try waxed laces to see if i can get my skates a little bit tighter .

Waxed laces are the way to go, especially with new skates that want to pull back into original form. Did you bake your skates at all?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info