đź’¦ Detailing Thoughts on Car washes?

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Asked my uncle Ron about the Rydells monthly pass I figured what the hell ill go through it. Ummm NOPE!!

No Thanks!! I just went through their paid the 15 for the best wash figured hell ill give it a shot. That wash beats the hell out of your car!! Im not a fan of carwashes that are NOT touchless!

Turned around went back to the booth told the lady to charge me for todays wash and refund me the monthly pass i just paid for.

Holiday by Choice Fitness is touchless that one or the 5 buck wash at Forks Finest is about the only 2 washes i use.

Thoughts am I a Vagina? :dunno: Overreacting?

The Rydells Chevy dealer is the biggest automated wash in town WTF I thought it was touchless!! :fu:

No thanks Ill keep my car out of the gateway to hell! :rofl:

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Not familiar with the locations you mentioned. Must be since you're in ND and I'm more familiar with places around TCG in Chicagoland.

Touch free washes are great, but, they do tend to use harsher chemicals to rid vehicles of dirt/grime, which, in a lot of cases, strips any waxes/sealants you have on the car. Coatings are more resistant to it.

I've used a newer formula water-less wash from CG that I only use in emergencies since I work a shit ton of hours and cannot really detail cars to the extent I used to.

I'd try to find an auto spa/detailer near you as many do maintenance washes for $25-$40 depending on where you go. That comes in handy during winter time.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Brushes pick up dirt and car parts (I'm not kidding. When I had the power washing company, my guys would pick up a box of car parts every time they cleaned one.).

Touchless washes use strong chemicals.

Take your pick of which way to damage your car.

Or, bond with it while you gently wash it by hand in your driveway. :smile:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Brushes pick up dirt and car parts (I'm not kidding. When I had the power washing company, my guys would pick up a box of car parts every time they cleaned one.).

Touchless washes use strong chemicals.

Take your pick of which way to damage your car.

Or, bond with it while you gently wash it by hand in your driveway. :smile:

:rofl: its gonna get a nice 3 step clay wax polish hand job once this damn garage is done.

got some new chemical guys and detail goodies in the basement stashed with carparts

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I try to go to touchless washes when I can. I know it strips off any wax that's on the paint, but I suppose going through a touchless wash every few days in the winter is better than leaving it covered in salt. I have Optimum no rinse in my detaling cabinet, but I won't use it on a really dirty car. I know a lot of people do with good results, but I feel like I'd end up rubbing dirt and grit into the paint and cause even more swirls.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Never in my life have i taken any vehicle of mine through a car wash. Never will.

Same here^^

I hook the garden hose to the slop sink in the laundry room an run warm water and use hot water in the bucket. I wash in the garage when its below freezing and crack the door open an inch or so so the water runs out. The just salt the driveway and push any remaining water out with a broom. If its above freezing I wash it outside. I hit up the Self service car wash once in a while to pressure wash and clean it when it gets really nasty but never been through an automatic car wash.

Ohh and I used all kinds of caulk and sealant along all the edges of the garage floor so no water drains under the slab. it all goes out the door.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info