đź’¦ Detailing Best Waterless Wash - Do you use all the time?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I've used ONR for actually washing cars.

The Ultima I have only used as a quick detailer / drying aid. Solid product

Either one would be a good choice. I used Wolfgang's rinseless wash on my truck over winter. Its really good.

Let us know what you go with and post some pictures !!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I have used ONR and Ultima as rinseless wash and quick detailer.

Both seem to work very well as a waterless rinse wash. But I feel as a quick detailer the Ultima leaves less residue and polishes out easier. I tried different ratios of the ONR too.

I don't use the rinseless wash unless the car is hardly dirty and dusty. I still don't trust it won't scratch as well as a foam cannon, two bucket method. How often do you guys use a rinseless wash? How dirty does it need to be to use a traditional two bucket wash?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I tend to use the rinseless wash in the winter when it's too cold for the hose.

With the coating on Barney, I rinse, foam and rinse, then pull it in the garage and use the rinseless wash, 2 bucket method.

this should help remove all lose dust etc.

the truck sees normal 2 bucket washes with the hose.

as for the ultima, it's inexpensive and available on amazon, give it a shot.
I have my dad using it like an "after wash" product. All the guys at the bowling alley ask him how his truck shines so much :fy:

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I have used ONR and Ultima as rinseless wash and quick detailer.

Both seem to work very well as a waterless rinse wash. But I feel as a quick detailer the Ultima leaves less residue and polishes out easier. I tried different ratios of the ONR too.

I don't use the rinseless wash unless the car is hardly dirty and dusty. I still don't trust it won't scratch as well as a foam cannon, two bucket method. How often do you guys use a rinseless wash? How dirty does it need to be to use a traditional two bucket wash?

Same. I only use the rinseless wash if the car is just a bit dusty and I need to clean it up for a show or cruise night. The only time I use it is if it's late at night and I'm washing the car in the garage.

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
Im an Adam's leg humper, ive been extremely happy with their products. My new trick which I stole from Garry Dean, is that I pre treat each panel with a spray gun. I picked up a cheap one from harbor freight and filled it with adams rinseless wash, 100psi knocks down the dust and coats the panel with the solution. Overkill, probably; but my finish is perfect even under halogen lamps, I want to keep it that way. Ive been using compressed air for years to spray off the dust instead of using a California duster or a waterless wash. Im a fan of the premise, the less you touch the paint, the less you damage it.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I decided to try the waterless stuff to see what all the hub bub was about. I'm lazy and don't feel like taking all the buckets and soap and hose and towels out to clean up the car so picked this stuff up at Walmart. Needless to say I'm impressed how easy this stuff is. Car was really dirty and this stuff just seemed to take it off effortlessly. If anyone knows of better waterless wash and wax products let me know. So far using the meguires has got me thinking about ditching the buckets and hose

d6b302dba740eb3424ceabaedfd1a10c.jpg

9451d544407ef7cfb505d01d0690a2ee.jpg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I decided to try the waterless stuff to see what all the hub bub was about. I'm lazy and don't feel like taking all the buckets and soap and hose and towels out to clean up the car so picked this stuff up at Walmart. Needless to say I'm impressed how easy this stuff is. Car was really dirty and this stuff just seemed to take it off effortlessly. If anyone knows of better waterless wash and wax products let me know. So far using the meguires has got me thinking about ditching the buckets and hose

d6b302dba740eb3424ceabaedfd1a10c.jpg

9451d544407ef7cfb505d01d0690a2ee.jpg

I used this stuff all of the time on the Mustang I used to have. Worked fantastic. I never had an issue with it leaving swirls either. I bought some ONR to use, which was nice as well. But, the pre mixed wash and wax stuff was really convenient.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I used this stuff all of the time on the Mustang I used to have. Worked fantastic. I never had an issue with it leaving swirls either. I bought some ONR to use, which was nice as well. But, the pre mixed wash and wax stuff was really convenient.

I'll give the ONR a shot but this stuff is so easy that it makes me wonder why bother with any other method. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are reasons why a standard or rinseless wash is superior to a waterless, but for someone like me that is super lazy and has very little time this stuff is perfect. I could go to a car show if I wanted and bring this bottle and two microfiber towels to touch up the car and make it look really nice.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Exactly, the stuff is really easy to use. The only reason I got ONR was to try a different product and that wash and wax stuff wasn't easy to find where I used to live. Now, that wash and wax stuff is everywhere. It leaves a really good shine, and is a solid product. Though, A lot of people won't try it because it is an off the shelf product. I was super OCD about swirl marks, and I can't recall an issue with using the wash and wax spray.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I like Ultima because it's a concentrate so 1/2 oz makes 22 ounces of waterless wash. I use it as quick detailer, clay lube, and sometimes on glass if I'm out of stoners. I was down to a half bottle and got another for Christmas so I should be good for a long time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info