đź’¦ Detailing Few questions for you guys

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
sounds like you have a plan of attack.

what color is the car ? claying "can" induce marring... if that's the case, then polishing to remove the defects would be an option.

I've been contemplating trying a clay mitt. if your car has light contamination then a mitt may be an option.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
You've got a good idea of what you want to do. Here's some advice I can offer.

Pre-rinse the car with as much pressure as you can out of a hose, unless you've got a pressure washer. This will knock loose some dirt.

Hand wash the car and after rinsing, immediately start claying. Don't even dry the car. Use a detail spray if you have it for the clay.

After you're done claying the car, do another light wash to remove any debris the clay pulled that is still on the top of the surface of your paint.

I always apply wax by hand. It is by far the best way to apply an even layer across the paint.

If the car is not going to be polished, buying a fine clay bar or even a very fine clay sponge (found on AG) is a great option so you don't mar the paint.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info