đź’¦ Detailing Glass Polish

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The videos I've watched on YT about this EXACT same thing show using car polish. I have to do this to the SHO cause the windshield is hella scratched from the wipers. I was going to just get a new window, but a quick search on the subject brought a bunch of information about being able to polish out the scratches, which of course is much cheaper than replacing it.

Bird1989

Regular
Dec 24, 2015
I've had good results with ceriglass from car pro along with their glass pads. If you are trying to do this with a porter cable or the like, don't waste your time. You need a rotary and you want to keep the product wet, as it will dry quickly from the heat.

I can do it with either a rotary or a rupes da. Do you have a suggestion on what pad to use such as a wool pad or a finer finishing pad.

WOLVERINE

Regular
Oct 14, 2010
I've had good results with ceriglass from car pro along with their glass pads. If you are trying to do this with a porter cable or the like, don't waste your time. You need a rotary and you want to keep the product wet, as it will dry quickly from the heat.

What this guy says! Mark the scratch area on the INSIDE of the glass with tape, it'll help when things get a bit messy as water is added.

Car polish=waste of time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info