đź’¦ Detailing For the love of god what keeps bugs off?

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Ok so i got this new mustang and i drive 20 miles to work and back down the interstate. car is getting clay bar and mothers paste wax job this week and well see how much that helps. anything else i should be using or trying to keep them from sticking so bad. car is washed pretty frequently but still the bugs caked on the front drive me insane!

:dunno:

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
I just drove to Alabama and back between Thursday and Friday and I couldn't believe how bad the bugs were. Driving into Alabama at night showed me some freakishly large bugs hitting the windshield.

I had to go the local car wash to use their sprayers and then I had to touch up some spots with a very small amount of rubbing compound.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Bug Remover Block

i use this for stubborn spots.

if they are really bad, then use some clean terry towels in warm water and lay them over the affected section.

regular washes and a waxed / sealed surface will help.

this was a vette i detailed years ago... the owner drove the car back from Tennessee:

HPIM0599.jpg

HPIM0605.jpg

HPIM0621.jpg

HPIM0620.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I actually have this problem quite a bit living out in the sticks.

Awhile back [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] had me buy this:

128 oz. Duragloss Aquawax (AW) #952

And I started applying it to the Corvette just last week. It seems to do a great job keeping the bugs from sticking and embedding quite as bad. The cleanup job was much easier as well for anything that did manage to stick. I just wipe it down basically whenever I come home and try to keep it clean, rather than letting anything build up and cement into place.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
I actually have this problem quite a bit living out in the sticks.

Awhile back [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] had me buy this:

128 oz. Duragloss Aquawax (AW) #952

And I started applying it to the Corvette just last week. It seems to do a great job keeping the bugs from sticking and embedding quite as bad. The cleanup job was much easier as well for anything that did manage to stick. I just wipe it down basically whenever I come home and try to keep it clean, rather than letting anything build up and cement into place.

this is more like it! 128 oz for 37 bucks might have to try that wonder if i can find it cheaper elsewhere?

basically looking for some tried and true products people like to give those a shot.

some place in fargo does ceramic type paint coating? dont remember the name of the shop but anyone else heard of this for paint protection?

Bird1989

Regular
Dec 24, 2015
this is more like it! 128 oz for 37 bucks might have to try that wonder if i can find it cheaper elsewhere?

basically looking for some tried and true products people like to give those a shot.

some place in fargo does ceramic type paint coating? dont remember the name of the shop but anyone else heard of this for paint protection?

Find out what type of ceramic coating and report back. The ceramic coatings on customer vehicles of mine you can pressure wash off over 90% of the bugs and no bug etching as well.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt

That ceramic coating is probably Cquartz or something similar. There are a few of them on the market now. From the little reading I've done, it sounds like they work pretty well.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info