đź’¦ Detailing Paint correction/ full detail questions

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Debating whether to do this myself or pay to have it done.

The Jeep has a bunch of swirl marks I want fixed. That's what's involved in a paint correction right?

I don't have a buffer. Would it make it necessary to buy and use one rather that doing it my hand?

What's all involved in a true paint correction?

What products do I need?

Someone at an intermediate level, how long would it take to do the full truck?

What would be a price to have it done professionally?

protocall

Apr 5, 2016
Hate to be that guy, but if you're asking these questions, it sounds like you're better off getting a quote from a local detailer.

Spend some time on reddit.com/r/autodetailing and if their wiki seems too involved, check out Chicago Auto Pros, they have locations in both Glenview and Glen Ellyn.

You can do this by hand but you will need a lot of time and elbow grease. Most people would recommend you get a dual action polisher from Harbor Freight, plus appropriate pads and products. If this is your first attempt, you may find the investment (both time and money) rather high compared to paying a pro.

But if you want to learn and do, check out the Chemical Guys on YouTube. Spend a few hours watching their videos and become your own pro.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
picture does not show up.

normally your polishing is anywhere from 4-6 on the speed setting
applying wax or sealants is 2-3 on the speed setting

the higher speeds help break the polish down and allow it to "cut" faster.
this is referred to as the "working" time.

how long did everything take you ?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
looks good, I like detailing personally, it's rewarding to take something that looks like shit and buff it back to life, I like to buff old boats they get oxidized and look like total crap when your done you have a 70's or 80's boat that looks like to just rolled out of the showroom

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info