FS: My latest Custom PC Gaming Rig - 6700k/GTX1080/1440p Panel

FS: My latest Custom PC Gaming Rig $1600 - 6700k/GTX1080/1440p Panel

Up for sale is my latest build. I did this one about 4 months ago. Its a beast as usual and probably my best build to date. Its the best balance of power and performance per dollar that I could come up with. Also including a very expensive 27" 1440p 165hz panel. The price will be for both the PC and panel, no kb or mouse.

Specs:
Intel i7 6700k - OC'd to 4.6GHz stable
MSI Z170A Gaming M5 mobo
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Card - OC'd +200clock/+500mem
Corsair Vengenance LPX 2x8 - 16gb DDR4-3000 Ram
Corsair H100i GTX AIO liquid CPU cooler
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 SSD
Corsair RM750 Gold rated Modular PSU
Fractal Design Define S black windowed case
Windows 10 Pro - x64

The LCD Panel is an Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" IPS display that runs 1440p native and has Gsync and a 165hz refresh rate. Currently this is the highest performance 1440p display on the market. This panel was $900 when I bought it a few short months ago.

I have been playing with this system for a few months, but its time to move on again. As always I took great care to pick the best bang for your buck parts, leaving the big money for the parts that needed it like the GTX 1080.

This system will play any AAA title, 1440p@144hz and 165hz with little to no lowering of settings. I can play games like GTAV at 1440p and maintain 144hz with everything maxed out but the grass quality. This PC is a beast. I can completely max other games like the new tomb raider or COD Blops 3 at 1440p and get 165FPS to match the panel's 165hz refresh.

The IPS panel is of highest quality, and you will not find a higher performance display for 1440p or higher. You are getting the right panel for a PC like this to take full advantage of.

And I know the question will come up why did I get a founders card with the blower style cooler? Well the blower style cooler has been proven to lower in case temps by a huge amount because it exhausts its heat out the back. I have had several variants of the other board partner cards and their coolers, and none have ever been able to keep the inside of the case as cool. And as for the blower cooler keeping the card itself cool. All you need to do is adjust the fan curve with precision X or afterburner to come on earlier and ramp up faster, and you can control the temps to as close if not the same as the best air cooled board partner card on the market. I see a max temp of 75c on my 1080 under 100% load with the agressive fan profile.

As for the CPU, this is a very capable 6700k example. I have it safely OCd to 4.6, but it has been 4.8 on voltage approaching what Im not ok with. So as with car dyno's, I made my hero run on the dyno, then backed the timing down for the street. Its happy at 4.6 and has been tested for days running 100%. With the AIO cooler, I see no more than 68c on the hottest core, and it idles as a complete package at 22c-28c no problem. And it can idle and be used completely silent when I have the CPU and GPU fans set to quiet mode.

PRICE LOWERED TO $1600!! To build a system like this, you would easily reach $3k. This is a system that can do content creation and also game at the highest level. And if you so desire, it can be upgraded to the up coming Kaby Lake CPU. That new CPU shares the same socket, and the mobo will support it. There is a bios update I can do already out on the MSI site that makes it ready for the new CPU.

I was smart enough this time around to keep the CPU case box and its packing foam. So shipping is possible, but you will pay for it and its going to be hundreds of dollars I would assume because of its weight and the insurance that would be needed. Any questions, just ask. This will be the 4th custom build I have sold on here.

More pics coming soon. This pic is all I have at the moment. Disregard the two GPUs in there. This was from two months ago when I had the two 1070s in SLI. There is only the single 1080 in there now as I said. Use your imagination and I will post more current pics later today.

IMG_0451%201_zpsjz510ami.jpg

Capture_zpscgkpgf7g.jpg

Capture2_zpsx22fqfu0.jpg

Capture3_zpslcklozfj.jpg

Last edited:

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Bump. I know its a lot of money, but with that panel included its a screaming deal. This is easily $3k+ worth of parts and forget all the time and testing/burn-in. This is such a huge deal for someone looking to get a turn key, high-end gaming rig. I get this is probably not the best venue to sell a system like this in, but I dont know where else to post it. Maybe CL?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
What's the entire fan setup?

This is a good price for that box+monitor BTW.

The rear fan is the stock fractal fan, there is a front low fan same. Then there are the two corsair fans pulling fresh air in through the rad on the front of the case.

As I said with the blower style GPU, the in case temps are very low. There is no CPU fan to expel heat either so it stays nice in there. I can keep all the case covers on and it keeps the noise down during heavy gaming. And for idle, the system is silent.

There is really no need for heavy case cooling when you are running the liquid CPU cooler and the blower style GPU. I have the air moving from front to back, to where it comes in from behind the front cover, through the CPU rad, and straight at the front of the GPU intake. Then it gets vented out the back by the GPU and the rear fan. Nice balanced air pressure so I get little to no dust inside.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
You can post this on some of the dedicated PC sites where you can register your build and sell it.

Just running through the list, you can get everything new with monitor (4K version of it as well) for about $2,700, not including labor, installing drivers, etc. Some won't want such an expensive monitor and may just want the computer.

Craiglist or eBay may be good options, but, you will have to deal with low-ballers that don't understand the work that goes into one of these.

Check out threads on Toms Hardware and pcpartspicker

Building/Selling for Profit on EBay, Craigslist, etc... - Forums - PCPartPicker

Most say to use CL, eBay or local forums.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
You can post this on some of the dedicated PC sites where you can register your build and sell it.

Just running through the list, you can get everything new with monitor (4K version of it as well) for about $2,700, not including labor, installing drivers, etc. Some won't want such an expensive monitor and may just want the computer.

Craiglist or eBay may be good options, but, you will have to deal with low-ballers that don't understand the work that goes into one of these.

Check out threads on Toms Hardware and pcpartspicker

Building/Selling for Profit on EBay, Craigslist, etc... - Forums - PCPartPicker

Most say to use CL, eBay or local forums.

Thanks for the info. I have much more than that invested, and I still maintain this is a screaming deal. The amount of work it takes just to get all those parts together working correctly, and all the overclocking will easily cover any cost you feel is too high. If I dont get what Im asking, I will just keep it. I dont need to sell, but I dont game on it enough to justify having such an expensive system.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Its not that much work

Maybe for a seasoned builder. But if you are looking to get into gaming PCs and want something awesome, this is it. Completely setup, cablemanaged and tuned. The task of building one from scratch if you are new or a novice, is a big one.

Im not trying to justify the price, its stellar. Again I dont need to sell. Hell I might just part it out.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Parting it out, you'd make more on it, to be honest.

Depending on the complexity of the build, something like this could take a skilled builder a couple of hours. Back when I first got into custom rigs about 6 years ago, Tiger direct charged $100 to put together my rig which was considered extremely high end for the time. This included wiring, installing all parts, etc.

For non-SSD PC's, waiting for the OS to be installed and drivers will take longer than putting the computer together usually. With an SSD, it's much less.

Definitely a solid build with top quality parts. Someone is getting a good deal for sure.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I kind of quickly added up the parts at what they would be going for used on something like Reddit's Hardwareswap which is generally 10-15% off ebay pricing.

Still seems a little high as a full system, definitely try parting out. Going to be tough to sell the lot I think.

GLWS

Well I did say or best offer and I do have a rock-bottom price in my head.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL

I checked Amazon and the parts without monitor came out to $1860 or so. Add the monitor from Amazon where it is $800 brought it to under $2,700 and since the monitor from pcpartspicker is almost $200 cheaper, we are closer to $2500 for everything.

I stopped using pcpartpicker a while ago since it links higher prices than some. I accidentally bought my i7 4790K from a vendor they linked without looking, only to find it the next day for $60 less with free shipping.

Great tool to build computers and get a rough idea. Shopping around is the way to go.

Thread Info