2015 Chevy SS Sedan - Black - A6 16k miles

Time to move on to something else. Black/Black Automatic. Has both options (Moonroof & Full Size Spare). Never been modded. Took it to US 41 once where it ran a blazingly fast 13.40@104ish. Only 16k miles, no damage. Has Llumar 20% tint installed by board sponsor Chicago Auto Pros, and I blacked out the bowties. It needs nothing, it's still under warranty, every dealer I've taken it to remarks how clean and well kept it is. Those dealers have offered me $33.5k. I'll take the first $34k that shows up. If you don't have $34k, don't call, I'll just trade it in. 847-767-4638 Tom.

Or, if you work at a Chevy dealer, I'm looking for a 2018 Chevy Equinox. It must have the 2.0T engine and Heated seats. Those are my only requirements! Someone here has to work for a Chevy dealer and can be able to put a deal together here!

Dirty Vegas

Regular
Feb 10, 2011
Chicago
I would take that money from the dealer and run. Idk how they are offering that much. That's close to what they are reselling them for. Especially for a car that will sit on the lot because there isn't any demand for them

IDK, every dealer I've taken it to says they sell them as fast as they get them in. I've watched cars.com and they seems to move pretty quick on there as well. The KBB.com 'drop it off at a dealer and get a check' is $33018, so getting $33500 on a trade in situation isn't too out of the realm of reason. I mean, the car stickered for $50k when I bought it new 14 months ago, so it's not like there wasn't a shit load of depreciation. I'm glad I missed the depreciation as I paid $36737, so losing less than $3k to drive a new car for a year isn't bad.

Dirty Vegas

Regular
Feb 10, 2011
Chicago
If the dealer is giving 33,5 then if you sell outright at 34 you are leaving about 2500 in real money on the table depending on your residence tax rate. Trade it. Dealer going to be sitting on this one for a couple years.

That's probably what I will end up doing. Was trying to give any of the local enthusiasts a deal. Once you figure out that I'll save $3k in taxes on the new car, I've basically driven the SS for a year, for FREE!

IDK, every dealer I've taken it to says they sell them as fast as they get them in. I've watched cars.com and they seems to move pretty quick on there as well. The KBB.com 'drop it off at a dealer and get a check' is $33018, so getting $33500 on a trade in situation isn't too out of the realm of reason. I mean, the car stickered for $50k when I bought it new 14 months ago, so it's not like there wasn't a shit load of depreciation. I'm glad I missed the depreciation as I paid $36737, so losing less than $3k to drive a new car for a year isn't bad.

Sticker price means nothing especially on a gm. If you don't get at least 20% minimum off sticker on ANY gm you getting screwed.

Dirty Vegas

Regular
Feb 10, 2011
Chicago
Might I ask why the trade in for an Equinox?

Oh, and the New 2018 Equinox, Buick Envision, GMC Terrain can be equipped with the 2.0T LTG engine. In the Caddy ATS and new Camaro, people have been making over 300whp with bolt-on's and a tune. ZZP has gotten a new 2017 Camaro to run 11.9 with bolt-on's and an E47 tune... So you see where I'm going with my thought? She gets what she wants, and I'll tweak it to make it acceptable to drive!

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013

Like someone mentioned above what you paid sticker doesn't mean much. Especially on a car like this. When they were brand new dealers couldn't even give them away. I visited a dealer in Texas of mine that still had 3 brand new 2016s still on the lot a few months ago. They had been there for over a year.

Also dealers do not use KBB.

When I look it up through the dealer site normal trade in is 30-31k and full retail is 35-36.

Hence why I said take the money and run because they are going to lose their ass on that car if they are being serious.

Edit: also just read what u said about what u paid. Sticker was 50k but you paid 36k new. Hence why I said dealers couldn't even give away these cars new.

Dirty Vegas

Regular
Feb 10, 2011
Chicago
Also dealers do not use KBB.

Yes, I agree that dealers don't use KBB to determine value. However, KBB has a program where they've partnered with certain dealers, and GUARANTEE they will buy your car for the value they determine. When I ran the SS through that program, they GUARANTEED I could take it to a participating dealer who verifies the condition, and then cuts a check for the KBB value which is $33018 in my case. Just like selling a car to Carmax!

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
trade it in. you only pay tax on the ammound financed (or cash) now, not the agreed price of the car. tradeins take the tax way down now.
This is correct
UM. no. that's not how that works.

you're confusing leases with purchases...
This is incorrect

I always thought you take the price of your trade in and subtract it from the new car purchase and that's what you pay taxes on???
This is correct

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Thread Info