FS: 2008 Acura RDX tech 124K $8000

This was my Wife's RDX. It was originally her commuter car, and has been the family hauler for the last few years. Our family has outgrown the RDX (she wanted to keep it until at least 200K miles), so we're sad to see it go. She leased the car new in spring 2008 and enjoyed it so much that we bought out the lease in 2011. Almost all of the maintenance/repairs were completed by myself. Acura's Maintenance Minder makes it super easy to know what needs to be serviced at the required intervals. I kept receipts for the oil/filters and other parts but I don't have a list out of every service I performed.

Service Records: The rear diff fluid was changed at 15K/45k/75k/105K and is due at 135K. All oil changes were performed using Mobil 1 5w-30 oil specified by Acura. Even though the service schedule didn't call for it I had a trans and coolant flush done at 85K miles at Acura dealer. Spark plugs were replaced at 105K and the accessory belt at 120K. Alignment was performed last summer at NTB. Front and rear brakes have around 50% life left and the brake pulse a bit stopping from higher speeds so I might swap out the front rotors this weekend depending on how much free time I have. Takata Airbag recall repair was performed last fall.

Chassis: Tires are Conti Pure Contact Eco Plus in OEM size on Moda wheels with zero curb rash. I have 7 year old Dunlop winter tires on the OEM wheels in the garage. Winter tires should be replaced due to age but wheels are in good shape overall. There are zero leaks and exhaust is still in good shape. Struts have no leaks and it passes the bounce test on all four corners. Still rides and handles great. Bushings are all in good shape.

Body: 8/10. Carbon Bronze Pearl paint is still nice and glossy with zero oxidation anywhere. It was garage kept for it's entire life but now waits outside for it's next owner. Paint is all original and has some rock chips but nothing major. Any decent size chip was promptly touched up with Acura touch-up paint. ZERO door dings anywhere. I have a buddy who does PDR and he's pulled a few dings out of the car once a year since it was new. Few small scratches and scuffs here and there and the rear hatch/bumper has some vertical scratches from my wife closing the garage door without pulling far enough into the garage.

Interior: 8/10 Dash/steering wheel very clean. Normal wear on seating surfaces and a little sun damage on front seat leather. (no tears or bubbles) Center console was recently re-covered so it looks and feels better than new. Rear seats are in great shape and we used seat protectors under car seats. Original carpet mats are in perfect condition as they were removed from the car in the first week we had it and stored in basement. Acura rubber mats front and rear went in their place and a Weathertech cargo liner protects the rear cargo area carpet.

Modifications: Hondata ECU flash on extra ECU. OEM ECU is also included.

Clean title in hand. No accidents.

124,796 miles

VIN: 5J8TB18578A017401

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Very sharp. I need a new DD, and this looks to be perfect. Im a little scared of the miles though. I will be doing 60 a day on it, and dont want to open another can of worms. What is the life expectancy?

It's a Honda. It's been super reliable for us and I don't anticipate that changing based on owner testimonials on higher mileage RDXs. That said, it's not the most efficient DD. If you drive 70mph you can eek out 24 to maybe 25mpg. Combined it's usually around 19mpg. Also requires premium fuel.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
It's a Honda. It's been super reliable for us and I don't anticipate that changing based on owner testimonials on higher mileage RDXs. That said, it's not the most efficient DD. If you drive 70mph you can eek out 24 to maybe 25mpg. Combined it's usually around 19mpg. Also requires premium fuel.

I dont mind about that. I really want something comfortable, that can cart our three little ones when I need to. Not very often because when we are together we always use the wife's explorer. But it needs to be comfortable really. AWD/4WD is a must too. Mpg while important, is not a deal breaker. Remember I was DDing that charger Daytona 392 and had no problem with that. I'll get back to you if we carve out some time this weekend. We live very far north. And dont hold it for my account if you get a looker.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
I dont mind about that. I really want something comfortable, that can cart our three little ones when I need to. Not very often because when we are together we always use the wife's explorer. But it needs to be comfortable really. AWD/4WD is a must too. Mpg while important, is not a deal breaker. Remember I was DDing that charger Daytona 392 and had no problem with that. I'll get back to you if we carve out some time this weekend. We live very far north. And dont hold it for my account if you get a looker.

Sounds good.

Thread Info