2000 Honda Elite CH80 Scooter

Upgraded today to something a bit bigger (125cc Vino), and am looking to move our white elite to a new home.

For sale I have an excellent condition Honda Elite Scooter. Never been down, needs nothing. Has new tires, new air filter, new battery, new mirrors and even a cell phone holder, ready to ride for the season!

Drove all last season and have since upgraded to something bigger, wouldn't hesitate to take this anywhere.... Granted at 40mph, but it would get there doing 100mpg!

Looking for $1000, again, needs nothing, rides excellently, maintenance is all performed.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I paid $400 for my last one but it was a pile of shit. These are good toys, and, if I buy it for $800 I know I can get that out of it in a few months to a year when I decide to sell it.

Seriously, aside from my GROM my elite was the most fun I've had on two wheels. It was a challenge to find roads that you could ride on without getting run down for only doing 42mph :rofl:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm not trying to low-ball you or anything, but, if you want it gone, I've got $800 for ya. Lol.

PM'ed.

How ridiculous does one look carrying a case of their favorite cold beverages home on one of these?

When [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] rolled up on one with a case between his feet coming DOWN FROM WISCONSIN that one meet is a story that will live on forever.

how well does it wheelie?

I bet you could drag bumper on this thing if you were brave enough.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I paid $400 for my last one but it was a pile of shit. These are good toys, and, if I buy it for $800 I know I can get that out of it in a few months to a year when I decide to sell it.

Seriously, aside from my GROM my elite was the most fun I've had on two wheels. It was a challenge to find roads that you could ride on without getting run down for only doing 42mph :rofl:

This is my issue. I need 50 mph to not get plowed on 83.

NOS?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg

NOS?

Yeah, that's the downside and the only reason I'm hesitant. Up by me there's tons of 30-40mph roads, plus it would be awesome to rip to the local convenience store and such (1.3 mile neighborhood cruise).

But if I want to try and get ANYWHERE outside of my or surrounding neighborhoods/downtown J-burg it's either single lane 55mph roads or Rt. 12 which is also 55 but more like 75+ :rofl:

They don't make hardly any aftermarket parts for these 80's as well which sucks. I'm thinking since it's honda and they do everything the same it has to be somewhat similar to an XR 80 dirt bike engine... If someone could put a nail in that coffin that opens up a world of cams, bore kits, etc etc.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
:rofl:

What the hell meet was that? I have a terrible memory lmao. I rode the balls off that thing. 42mph full tuck everywhere. I never even registered that, it had a plate from a GSXR 600 on it.

I want to say it was at Super Dawg? You had just bought it.

42 seems to be the magic number on these Elites; when I very first got mine, I actually found it quite enjoyable finding routes that avoided 'big' roads to help build confidence, and avoid the top speed limitation.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I want to say it was at Super Dawg? You had just bought it.

42 seems to be the magic number on these Elites; when I very first got mine, I actually found it quite enjoyable finding routes that avoided 'big' roads to help build confidence, and avoid the top speed limitation.

Oh yes :rofl:

Yeah 42's the number. When I had the last one I lived in Lake Zurich so I could cut through the mall to get to 12 where it's 35 etc etc. It almost felt illegal riding it around because you had to essentially bomb through neighborhoods like mario kart trying to not get run down by an elantra :rofl:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton

can you mod these things? a customer has a 2 stroke yamaha 50cc scooter that he removed some washer on the drive to get more speed out of it.

i want this thing, dont want to spend that kind of money though

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
can you mod these things? a customer has a 2 stroke yamaha 50cc scooter that he removed some washer on the drive to get more speed out of it.

There's little to no mods for them. Clutch kits, carb kits, intakes and pipes.

I've been trying to see how much of the engine architecture is shared with the XR80's and other 80cc Honda 4-strokes to see if anything might work with some machining trickery in regard to a big bore kit, etc. I'm sure it's doable but nothing has been so overtly obvious yet.

From what I've seen everyone just goes GY6 because it's the scooter LS swap.

However I will say that the clutch kit made some serious difference. My friend did one on his and it would put 2-3 scooters on me from a dig and he weighed 30-40 pounds more than me. Top speed was not affected though, we both topped out at the same.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

There is a Carb Mod and a Clutch/Centrifugal do-jigger mod (Changes the weights in the clutch?), that can both squeak out a bit more speed. Not really any Engine or Exhaust mods for them sadly, but they are DEAD NUTS reliable.

Keep in mind; Frank and I are 'bigger' dudes, lighter riders can usually get more out of them.

Also; feel free to shoot me an offer, worst I can say is no. I may even be open to some level of Cash + Barter offer, I'm not far from the BP Speed Shop, and have some assorted work I need doing that's a PITA in a garage without a lift.

Thread Info