1997 Honda Elite

The threads a little early considering it's still miserable outside and I have a vibration issue to deal with, but here it goes:

I'm selling my black on black 1997 Honda Elite CH80.

As one would gather from the name, it's an 80cc scooter, which means it will do 45 with a ~200lb rider (does 42 with my fat ass on it).

Legally in IL you need that stupid intermediate license (or M class) to ride it because it's over 50cc, that has absolutely not stopped my wife from riding it all last summer.

This is a fantastic way to grow confidence on 2 wheels before stepping up to a motorcycle, it's a single speed so no shifting. It rides just like a bicycle but without all that pesky physical work!

This specific example has 7500 miles on it, and has been down once or twice in its life prior to my ownership but hides it well (small bend on one of the lower sills, and the ambers have been replaced, both could be replaced cheaply if it bothered you badly enough, tracks straight and true).

I've replaced the front door trim plastics so it has a fully functioning 'Frunk'. I've also hunted down and installed the OEM luggage rack for the back of it.

It also has brand new tires at the end of last season (name brand, I'm drawing a blank, I think michelin), and will have a fresh oil change before this season. It also has brand new mirrors, a cell phone mount (yes, seriously), and a new air filter. The seat was also re-upholstered just prior to my ownership.

We are selling this one as I'm the primary rider for my train station commute (we have 2 of them) and we are considering stepping up this scooter toward a motorcycle.

These are an absolute riot, 100mpg, dead reliable, electric start, center stand, locking front trunk and a small under seat storage compartment for registration and a multi tool.

I'm looking for $1000 obo (and as mentioned, this is early I know so I plan to address any post storage issues prior to sale).

(Rear trunk not included as I'm moving that to my other scooter)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I owned one of these. Most fun you can have under 40. I guarantee it.

Mainly fun to wave at Harley riders and watch them look at you like you're retarded.

I've had motorcycle riders give me the 2 finger upside down peace wave thingy while on this scooter, its like you aren't quite part of their cult, but still acknowledged :bowrofl:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I do it to them unprovoked. I also did it to the road cyclists on my Dyna.

But seriously though. These things are a riot. I got one for like $400 that was a complete shitbox, rode it for a few weeks with someone elses M-plate and then traded it for a CRF-50 with a kamakaze 88cc kit in it. The Elite was more fun :rofl:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Don't have to plate this, NBD. Goes about 40mph too, cause 10sec modzzz.

20130630_175726_zps9c3efa0f.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So you can't plate this without a M-Class?

No there is something for under a M class between 50-149cc. Just more ways for Illinois to take money.

Thanks [MENTION=11595]Knowklew[/MENTION],

You don't need a license to register/plate it at all, just a state ID.

TECHNICALLY you need an L to ride it, but I can't fathom a cop is going to grill you over how many CCs your scooter is if you seriously get pulled...

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
wait wat? you have a build thread on this?

Ebay motorized bike kits ~$120 or so. A bike frame with 1" tubes, sometimes you can get bikes like that for $20 or less. After you have the simple parts, you get a smaller rear gear for the bike and some bolt-ons, bam, 40mph ALL DAY. If we hit up a C&C I can tell you all about it. I've had mine for 4yrs and easily 2500miles. Last year I rode it for 3 months straight rain or shine and only spent about $20 in gas.

what the FUCK is wrong with you...

??????

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
No bc as always your about 60% higher then it's value

I found an elite that may be more up your alley -
https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/mcy/5949422013.html

So for 60% less than my asking you can have no headlight, no plastics, and no title, what a deal!

I'm very aware of what these things sell for, make no mistake.

what if his bottom was 400-500

I'm SUPER open for offers right now because its still winter and I haven't dealt with the vibration issue yet. If someone's interested I'm not firm at all on the price, I slapped $1,000 obo because I have a number in mind that I'd like to get back out of it.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I found an elite that may be more up your alley -
https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/mcy/5949422013.html

So for 60% less than my asking you can have no headlight, no plastics, and no title, what a deal!

I'm very aware of what these things sell for, make no mistake.

I'm SUPER open for offers right now because its still winter and I haven't dealt with the vibration issue yet. If someone's interested I'm not firm at all on the price, I slapped $1,000 obo because I have a number in mind that I'd like to get back out of it.

Enroute to medaryville right now. Going to visit my old boss while I'm there.

Thread Info