2008 F-350

I'm sure some of you have gathered this was coming:

For sale is our 2008 Ford F350.

Its a crew cab, long bed, 4x4, with the 6.4 diesel and the manual transmission, it will need a new engine. 102k miles on it.

It is Tan on Tan, and was used as a truck, so it does have various blemishes, but is in much better shape than something like a 'work-site' truck. I will add additional photos that better reflect the condition in the coming days.

It has a Western plow mount and controller, and fairly recent tires. Truck also has power windows, cloth bench seats, and came with the factory CD player. It does have the rubber floor.

We are the first owners, and it was strictly dealer serviced until out of warranty. Once out of warranty it had an AFE Exhaust and Tune installed to remove the 'exhaust cleaning' programming.

This morning it began making a 'clattering' noise before cutting out while in-route to the dealer to investigate. All gauges read normal until the truck cut-out. It appears that the motor is now cracked/seized and will not turn over.

A replacement truck had already been purchased just a few months ago, so instead of seeking repair we are just looking to get rid of it. No Trades.

Looking for $10,000 obo (At CTC Deezuls Suggestion)

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Think it would be possible to get me some more pics? I'm very interested, but about 7.5 hours away.

I absolutely can, with you being so far away, PM me EXACTLY what you are after. I'm going to take a typical 'spread', including the obvious blemishes, but since the Truck will be in Addison, I can't just 'run outside' to grab a photos after I've taken the first batch so I'd want to make sure I'm comprehensive as possible.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Single turbo, after market lifters, de lipped and coated pistons, stage 1 cam, delete, studs, rods, sure, it would be a nice setup but no matter what you still have a fuel system that's practically made out of glass.

And price out a built 6.4, than compare it to a Cummins swap.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Single turbo, after market lifters, de lipped and coated pistons, stage 1 cam, delete, studs, rods, sure, it would be a nice setup but no matter what you still have a fuel system that's practically made out of glass.

id rather be cummin than strokin

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska

That's what we were working on. I'll call around today. There are 2 other local shops that would be able to do the swap. Damn, those 6.4's can make some easy power, but if they can't stay together for 300k, there's no point.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Cause we were talking about gassers? Must've missed that...

TooMuchSalt.w830.web.jpg

you're okay. take a breath.

it was just a jest.

go to your safe place

:bigthumb:

Thread Info