2003 MB SL500, 65k miles, LIKE NEW, $17.5K

I'm posting this for a buddy (From INDY), it was his wife's car, non smoker, garaged all the time.
Color is Champagne Metallic (Pewter), Ebony Leather,AMG Sport package (Aero)

$ 17,500.00

(Copy of the ad)

This elegant SL500 is in immaculate condition; driven by non-smoking female; housed in garage. Has new tires and wheels.

5.0L V-8, SOHC, 24-valve, 339 ft lbs. @ 2700 rpm, 302 HP @ 5600 rpm - 5-speed shiftable automatic transmission.

*SL1 Trim Package: leather/wood steering wheel and shift knob (console is immaculate)
*SL2 Sports Package: AMG styling kit, 18" AMG monoblock wheels (as new)
*SL3 Comfort Package: active ventilated front seats, multi-contoured seat backs *Bi-Xenon headlamps *Keyless entry *Navigation CD collection: USA & Canada *4-Wheel disc brakes *ABS *Power windows, door locks and mirrors *AM/FM stereo -- Bose 8 speakers, 1 sub-wolfer, CD player trunk-mounted *Active suspension -- multi-link front suspension, double wishbone rear suspension *Adjustable steering wheel *ABC active body control*Fog lights *Brake assist *Bucket seats; driver's 12-way *Climate control *Convertible hardtop *Lloyd floor mats *Cruise control *Driver adjustable lumbar *Driver/passenger air bags *Driver/passenger lighted vanity mirrors *Auto-dimming rearview mirror *Remote & emergency trunk release *Front reading lamps *Heated, leather seats with memory *Intermittent wipers *Multi-zone AC *Navigation *Rollover protection bar *Security system *Temporary spare tire *Tires -- NEW -- rear and front performance *Traction control *Universal garage door opener *Variable speed intermittent wipers *21.1-gallon fuel tank

ABC (Hydraulics for suspension were overhauled) Service records ARE available
Please email my buddy direct (INDY IN)

[email protected]

FlyinGTP

Regular
Apr 25, 2008
Elk Grove
For selling a sl you should find out if he has service records. A sl with records for the price he is asking is a easier sell then one without.

Also it is listed as having air suspension and abc. Sl's don't work like that. It either has abc (hydraulic with leveling no air suspension) or it has air-matic which is air suspension. I can't say I've seen a air-matic SL I don't even think you could option a SL with air-matic, at least in this country. Normally S and CL's were air matic and SL's were ABC.

The other question buyers will have is when the top hydraulics were repaired were the cable retainer brackets for the vario-flap drive updated? This is the most common issue that generation sl has with its convertible top.

Looks like a very nice car from the pics best of luck with sale.

For selling a sl you should find out if he has service records. A sl with records for the price he is asking is a easier sell then one without.

Also it is listed as having air suspension and abc. Sl's don't work like that. It either has abc (hydraulic with leveling no air suspension) or it has air-matic which is air suspension. I can't say I've seen a air-matic SL I don't even think you could option a SL with air-matic, at least in this country. Normally S and CL's were air matic and SL's were ABC.

The other question buyers will have is when the top hydraulics were repaired were the cable retainer brackets for the vario-flap drive updated? This is the most common issue that generation sl has with its convertible top.

Looks like a very nice car from the pics best of luck with sale.

Thanks for the input.(I agree with the service records etc, which I'm sure he has) I'll forward your note to the owner. As I stated, people if they have ANY questions/concerns to contact him directly.

OK there are ALL service records available. Car has ABC (hydraulics overhauled) The top works perfect, never needed work.

Thanks again

Like I stated in the add, please contact [email protected] direct for ALL particulars.

Thread Info

• Torxila
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list