FS: 1984 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

Hey all, I'm posting this for my dad. Let me know if you are interested, or give my dad Mike a call at 630-272-8413. If you don't like the price, please don't comment. Thanks!

The decal on the trunk is the original dealer decal from Bocker Chevrolet in Freeport. The car has been an IL car it's entire life, which is amazing given the excellent original condition the car's in.

FOR SALE 1984 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO SS

I am selling my 1984 Monte Carlo SS. As best as I can tell, I am the 3rd owner. I have owned the car for 11 years. The car has 98,000 miles and has been a very reliable car. I only drive it about 1,000 miles a year to cruise nights and car shows and it has been a trophy winner several times.
Here is a recap of all the major systems and the repairs I have made since I have had the car:

Engine
The engine is the original numbers matching 305 V8 with a 4 barrel. I have replaced the water pump, radiator, hoses, spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor, spark plug wires, alternator, fuel pump, carb rebuild, battery, fan belts and exhaust with new Catalytic Converter. It has dual exhaust like the original which exits the back of the car. It runs really well. All rubber fuel line hoses have been replaced as well.

Transmission
The tranny I believe is a 350 T.H. I have had the trans fluid changed and a new filter installed once. It has a lock-up torque converter from the factory and as far as I know is stock.

Interior
The interior appears to be all original. It has a blue cloth and vinyl upholstery with console shifter. The rear seat has a couple of older burn holes in it. The passenger front seat is in excellent condition. The drivers seat has several tears in the vinyl along the left edge. The carpeting is in good shape. It has the original Delco AM-FM Cassette stereo. It has tilt wheel, trip odometer, rear window defroster, cruise control, remote passenger side mirror, and a matching set of floor mats with the Monte Carlo SS logo. A/C blows ice cold!

Tires and Wheels
The car has the original rallye wheels with an older set of BF Goodrich T/A Radials. Lots of tread left.

Suspension
The suspension is mostly stock, I have replaced the idler arm, center link, shocks (Monroe-Matic Plus) and outer tie rods. I have also replaced the brake pads/shoes and resurfaced the rotors and drums. The brake hoses and wheel cylinders have also been replaced.

Body
The body is in excellent shape as you can see in the pictures. It appears to be mostly original and had a rust proof treatment when it was new. The paint shines nicely as it has been well cared for its entire life. There is no visible rust. The passenger side door is very clean along the bottom. The drivers door has some rust coming in along the bottom but no visible rust on the exterior of the door. (see pictures)

It Needs
The console door is broken, and the cruise does not work. It needs one muffler as a baffle is loose and rattles. Other than that everything else on the car works.
Overall the car is in excellent shape and has been garaged and babied all of its life. Was a daily driver the first couple years, then a Summer only (nice weather) car ever since. I have most receipts, dealer manuals, shop manuals, and will include the trophies it has won and the car cover. Please call to schedule an appointment to see the car, however, the car will only be driven weather permitting.

I am asking $6,500 OBO.

Pictures:

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
Nice car! The 1984 is one of the hardest ones to find like this.

From the pictures, the car appears clean and in excellent original condition. The places these cars usually rust is in the area where the stripes are, in front of the rear tire, as well as inside of the fender well. If there is a small area of rust, the only way to see it easily is to remove the rear tire and look directly behind it (it's too hard to see from underneath). There is usually a black, off yellow or faded red/pink plastic plug in this area.

I hope he gets the $7K!

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
What sort of work does he do? I'm sure someone here can find leads to a job. we have a pretty broad spectrum of careers on this board. Good luck with the sale

Thanks man. He's in the banking/finance industry. His(really only it seems)downfall is he has little/no college. He has been in that industry since he was 18 so he has quite a number of years under his belt from running bank branches to executive role commercial banking positions. He was in a pretty decent gig in his last job, but the president of the bank got caught doing some illegal shenanigans and the feds came and shut them down. He could've been safe afterwards, but some habib based bank bought them out and wiped the employee list clean except for "family."

He's currently taking classes and getting his license to sell mortgages, but it's for a friend who has an independent firm that runs on 100% commission.

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL

Thread Info