2 lap comparo from autobahn

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
new software gives me screen capture so i was able to make a video of the cosworth tool box :jg:

these are 2 of my fast laps, its interesting to see how my slower lap actually was a lot faster in areas, if i can string it all together i think i can get down into the 2:3?.?? range.

also interesting to see how second gear and 3rd gear seemed to accelerate out of the corners onto the straights pretty close to identical. the ol hp vs torque question.

anyhow i found it pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/wYhuksRrtAs

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Did you shift slow or miss your shift after 11 going into the long straight for the jump?

You are almost 10mph faster above. I can't tell if that is because you set up slower/straighter so you can get on the throttle faster or just were more aggressive to get past that red car.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
i had to wait for the guy to point me by, and at that point i was close to the jump and for a split second i debated on taking it or not. after i passed him i was back on the gas for a split second.

the straight coming out of patience i shifted from second to 5th oooops! and lost some time. its a shame , that bottom lap had the potential to be real fast if it wasnt for a mistake and some traffic.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Also you can work to push harder through S6. I go through there at about the same speed as you. I know faster cars than mine are going through it at around 70.

Looks to me like you could brake at 4 at S11 as you were starting to hit them gently at the 7 marker and then squeezed really hard at the 3. If you just started at the 4-5 harder there is probably at least half a second there.

Same thing with braking for N13 you can go harder/later set up wider left and come across at close to 77-80mph and carry that speed through until N16.

Have some time to make up there for sure.
What brakes/tires do you have these days?

Makes me want to get back on track so bad watching these. Been sim racing/indoor karting and it just isn't doing it.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
Also you can work to push harder through S6. I go through there at about the same speed as you. I know faster cars than mine are going through it at around 70.

Looks to me like you could brake at 4 at S11 as you were starting to hit them gently at the 7 marker and then squeezed really hard at the 3. If you just started at the 4-5 harder there is probably at least half a second there.

Same thing with braking for N13 you can go harder/later set up wider left and come across at close to 77-80mph and carry that speed through until N16.

Have some time to make up there for sure.
What brakes/tires do you have these days?

Makes me want to get back on track so bad watching these. Been sim racing/indoor karting and it just isn't doing it.

i take a careful approach to braking, maybe when its paid off ill throw caution to the wind, but for now ill go deeper gradually. that being said, I was on
worn super sports ( 4 track day cycles on them), and my brakes where down to metal on metal after that top lap. (stock pads/rotors).

I will have DBA 5000 rotors, carbotech XP12F/XP10R pads and Michelin cup tires on for the start of this year.

with the above alone there is no reason i cant get that 3 seconds.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
take a look at PFC 01 brake pads if you don't end up liking the carbotech my one friend swears by them who worked in that industry. Last forever and great modulation.

Understandable with the cost of the vehicle ;). I wouldn't call it caution to the wind but just the biggest gains are going to be on brake zone/carrying more speed. It is what I struggle with even with my car but that is it's only advantage as it has no hp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J-LO
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list